Madagascar ecological republic, a utopia?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 18/10/13, 22:48

I do not allow myself to advise the way of living at the other end of the world, when I see the multiple ways that we have to do it anyhow at home, while we have the technical means to do everything that we want

good techniques exist ... but already with us those who order often push for a bad solution ... I have the impression that we forget more things than we invent

A few centuries ago, there was rapid progress here, and we thought we were allowed to impose our model on the rest of the world ... now I see that we are crashing ...
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 19/10/13, 11:22

Hello everyone :D

Of course everyone must first sweep outside their door!

Here progress is electric cars, new TVs, etc.

In the Madagascan countryside, having a lamp in your home is a highly appreciated progress!

Read this little link article, you will see that you don't need millions of dollars to make people happy.

In cities, especially the capital, the problem of overpopulation of slums is mainly due to rural exodus, abandoned in the face of globalization (world prices on the stock market, speculation, orchestrated fall in prices, etc.). *

There are as many mouths to feed as there are fewer farmers ...

http://www.orange.mg/actualite/7-nouvel ... voltaiques

* There is also the phenomenon mentioned above, which promises a better life ...

Who remembers the "nestlé baby killer" trial?
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 19/10/13, 12:15

There is something that I do not understand, it is that in the "rich" countries we subsidize the peasants so that they can stay in the countryside, whereas it is not in the international aid programs.

"We" prefer to invest in large projects intended for export, there yes "we" will lend millions!

This is where I see the value of the Green Party program, which focuses on credit to farmers and soil protection.

Here, "our" candidate has just escaped a helicopter accident, which could have landed in an emergency in a rice field in the countryside!

She continued on her way on foot, and it gave her some publicity ...
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 19/10/13, 12:56

Madagascar, hell of the scenery (LeFigaro report)

The forests of Madagascar are decimated to produce charcoal[/ Url]
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 19/10/13, 13:44

This report clearly shows the extent of the work to eradicate all these evils.

We can also find reports on encouraging things, for example there is reforestation, some secondary forests are managed at best to provide timber.

Mainly imported eucalyptus trees, which have the advantage of being punctured and regrowing after each cut (like the ones in the photo).

And we can plant better than eucalyptus.

It is necessary to make the distinction between primary forest and secondary forest, the Malagasy tropical forest is so reduced that it is absolutely necessary to protect it in urgency, but it occupies only a small part of the territory.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 19/10/13, 14:55

This report clearly shows the extent of the work to eradicate all these evils

what do you call eradicating these evils?

ban the use of wood?

the more constructive method is to organize a wood industry, which plants, and lets grow trees big enough to make planks and beams ... and charcoal with waste

if a country is not governed properly everyone is asking as much as he can and everything is exhausted

the problem is the same in france: in times of prosperity we had authoritarian governments who planned for the future

now we have liberalism on every floor and we are under development

multinational corporations are left to rule the economy for their immediate profit, and at the expense of our future

in france the forests were organized at the time of louis14 to favor trees large enough to make the boats of the royal navy

a decision by napoleon 3 transformed the Landes region into a large and productive forest

currently the ecologist only wants to defend the wilderness, forgetting that sometimes the areas he wants to defend are completely artificial (Camargue, Poitevin marshes) result of very old human work

the ecological action that remains to be done is not to protect nature: it is to build what is necessary to use it effectively for the good of all ... unless decree to euthanize the party superfluous of the population to leave the wilderness without man to feed
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 19/10/13, 15:24

Chatelot, you write:
I do not allow myself to advise the way of living on the other side of the world, when I see the multiple ways that we have to do it anyhow at home, when we have the technical means to do everything that we want.

You will note that I spoke of "modesty", it is not a question of lavishing advice from the height of our pretension to people who are able to survive in conditions in which we ourselves would not be able to, but to respond in a pragmatic and appropriate manner, as far as possible, to their request, a request which is very strong because of the contempt of public authorities for rurality and the cruel lack of information that results from it.

Further:
Good techniques exist ... but already with us, those who order often push for bad solutions ... I have the impression that we forget more things than we invent.

The criteria for choosing techniques are economical, which explains why a good solution for the economy is probably a bad solution considered from a technical point of view ...
In other words, the current goal of the technique is to produce value, not utility ...

Even further:
A few centuries ago, there was rapid progress here, and we thought we were allowed to impose our model on the rest of the world ... Now, I see that we are planting ourselves ...

Yes, extractivism was in full swing at the time and punctuated the world for the benefit of Europe; this era is indeed largely over, which does not prevent, however, from continuing to impose this same model which is however, as you note it, "in the process of crashing".
It is crashing, because the conditions for its operation are no longer met ...

This is a special case which comes under a much more general rule: any system, as perfect as we like, will eventually sink into its contradictions because of inaccurate premises and whose consequences may go unnoticed for a long time.
What is even more unfortunate is that any system presents at the same time an internal coherence which makes it unfit for criticism and which tends to make it persist indefinitely in its logic, whatever the extent of its errors.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 19/10/13, 17:01

chatelot16 wrote:
This report clearly shows the extent of the work to eradicate all these evils

what do you call eradicating these evils?

ban the use of wood?

Well then...

I'm talking about the evils that the article quotes, not the comment and the photo of lessdewatt!
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."