Scams on the facade mini wind turbines

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
swallowtail
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by swallowtail » 14/10/13, 21:50

Hi everybody
"pinion wind turbine" sellers are a real disaster.
They unfortunately discredit the serious manufacturers and assemblers of "domestic wind turbines" (eole system, etc.)

Being in the game, I asked qqs questions to a seller of gable wind turbine on a stand of Renewable Energies show ... !!!!!!

Miseres !!!! unable to respond:
I ask RPM?, they answer me Km / h, I ask Volt? they answer me Watts, etc etc ........
a self-builder knows much more than they do!
This kind of "commercial" does enormous damage to the reputation of "domestic wind".
A pinion wind turbine remains an "aberation" (it is located by definition in a turbulent flow zone), and will always have a poor production, compared to the same "well exposed" wind turbine.
In wind power, the predominant criterion in production, is exposure (wind flow as laminar as possible).

as chatelot said, with each contact with these salespeople "catches idiot", I muddle internally to refer their incompetence to them.
but .... let's be polite!

swallowtail
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 15/10/13, 08:04

Hello
a salesperson, a salesperson is not a technician but a "barker" who argues with the information provided to him by the manufacturer (or the distributor;) his field is mainly financial, just as a good technician will not be not a good seller, however.
Regarding the sale prices, we are in a liberal society where the seller is entitled to fix his margin as he sees fit. What limits it is competition ... when it exists! Only a few everyday products (such as bread) are set a limit.
Hence, as I indicated, get information from consumer associations that have generally made comparative studies on the products concerned.
0 x