insert heating efficiency improvement

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
hhhve
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

insert heating efficiency improvement

by hhhve » 20/08/13, 23:20

Hello,

Here, I have a insertl. It heats well and quickly. A breakdown sets off to distribute heat in the living room qd T ° around the fire reaches a certain value ... in short, this is an insert ...

His location in the house is not right: it is at one end of the house, so it is difficult for him to heat the rooms at the other end without making a heat of the devil in the living room .. .

To optimize this, I thought it should be possible to capture the warm air around the fireplace with 2 / 3 vents placed on the ceiling, between the drain pipe and the facing of the insert. Hoses would thus bring the hot air directly into the remote rooms.

The concern is that if I tinker, I know nothing about heating.

I did a lot of research on the net, but no way to find interesting info between ads, fake forums, etc.

Well, if anyone can help me, thank you in advance!
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 21/08/13, 08:29

hhhve hello
you can switch the hot air ceiling (the hall for example) and distributed through vents above the doors. One drawback: the environment of an insert is very dusty and they are sucked into the air extraction and are found in other parts of this more hot air around the insert is generally cooled at moving and it is air lukewarm happens in the above documents say. Last point: take the air somewhere or outside and therefore costs, either inside the room to insert and it is this part that cools, usually in the feet (default most inserts) and thus increase the sensation of cold down and warm up.
The simplest is to keep them permanently open communication door to uniform room temperature.
0 x
hhhve
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by hhhve » 21/08/13, 13:59

Hello,
Janic thank you for your answer ... which brings me to other questions:
-The Fan 'of the insert it is enough to send the air in remote parts, or do we need a system more?
-you say "you have to take some air somewhere": there is a mouth, under the insert, connected to the crawl space, would that make it possible to overcome this feeling of cold? (the cold air would arrive just below the insert, which is hot)
-on a VMC beast: it would pose a problem?

Leave the doors open, that's what we did last winter, but the house is long, so the bottom of the room struggled to reach 16 ° C (hence commissioning of the gas boiler. ..), unless you furnace in the living room ...
There would be no need to mount the bcp ° T, have rooms, just enough to have 17 ° C in rooms not too exceed 19 / 20 ° C in the living room.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 22/08/13, 21:11

hhhve wrote:-The Fan 'of the insert it is enough to send the air in remote parts, or do we need a system more?

In the instructions for the Fan of the insert there is certainly an indication of the maximum length of the pipes to power the farthest point of the house. (I seem to have seen m 9 2 on various instructions)
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
loopyng84
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by loopyng84 » 23/08/13, 18:59

I have a facility like this to me with this engine http://www.bricodepot.fr/avignon/kit-de ... /prod4389/

installed a 50cm of the insert and serves two parts whose past has 9 m it works very well but I comfirme 9m that is the limit as compared to the first room there is a great loss
0 x
"we do not inherit the land from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children" St Exupéry
hhhve
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by hhhve » 23/08/13, 22:33

Looping84 thank you, that's quite what kind of things I was looking for! There's more to study the issue, see if the fan of the insert may be sufficient, etc.
0 x
loopyng84
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by loopyng84 » 24/08/13, 10:59

hello hhhve

blower didnt simply insert my 1 or 2 m maxi
c is for this reason that I had to add this system

FYI I have a house 80 m2 ground floor and I heat only with my grace has this kit insert !!!!!!!!!
8)
0 x
"we do not inherit the land from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children" St Exupéry
hhhve
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by hhhve » 24/08/13, 17:43

I just looked at the doc of the insert (brand "Francobelge", model "la Flamboyante", it is an insert-stove, that is to say that the set is made of metal, it is given for 12kW): it there are two fans of 35w each ... which does not mean much to me in fact ...
0 x
loopyng84
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by loopyng84 » 24/08/13, 20:00

ventilos both are effective for pulsing the hot air through the front of the insert! it serves more to heat the room where it is the insert, c's still effective in the main room
0 x