What type of econological heating in the South West?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
deceitful
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

What type of econological heating in the South West?

by deceitful » 31/07/13, 16:55

We have just finished building our house (86m², in the south-west)
We still have a little budget to allow us to 'choose' our heating.
Of course we would have preferred underfloor heating with geothermal energy. But it was not playable.
Today we have about 1000 € left to equip the main room with heating. We have heat transfer fluid in the bedrooms and the bathroom, we have 40m² to heat (only one large room kitchen / living room / entrance / hallway).

We don't usually overheat. 18 ° c is a correct temperature. We had an oil stove in our old home, it heats up quickly and well (for not too expensive) but I don't want to bring humidity into a new house.

So for the tight budget, what is the most economical?
- 2 other heat transfer fluids of 2000w
- 'low cost' PAC (Airton type)
- others?

The goal is to be more or less in the budget, that it is economical today and in the next 10 years, that it heats up! and if possible it doesn't impact the environment too much.
0 x
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 31/07/13, 22:33

> We had an oil stove in our old home,
> it heats up quickly and well (for not too expensive)

For more expensive than the EDF, by the way ...

Home insulation?
Orientation?
Windows in the living room? (how much, etc.)
Winter climate sunny or not?
Minimum winter temperature, how many days below 0, wet or not, etc.

> for a tight budget, what is the most econological?

Both at the same time, the heat pump for when it is a little cold, the radiators for when the heat pump stalls because it is too cold.

Otherwise, a wood stove is not bad either ... the energy is not expensive, but it must be carried by hand ...
0 x
ATE.Conseil
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Inexpensive heating ...

by ATE.Conseil » 01/08/13, 11:09

Hello,

If your house is well insulated, it is true that the electric (soft heat) is simple to implement and invest ... although, with the increase in the price of electricity ...
You also have the possibility of a Pellet stove which will provide you with efficient heating (controlled temperature and heating time also)
You can also opt for a VMC DF with electric heating backup ... provided that the house is airtight!

Greetings
Philippe DESON
Council ATE manager
Portfolio manager THEIA Energies
0 x
ATE Council accompanies you to reduce your energy consumption
Did67

by Did67 » 01/08/13, 17:33

The most "eco-friendly", in my opinion = the pellet stove. Read everything that has been written about the pellets here or elsewhere ...

See eg: http://www.propellet.fr/fabrication.html

Especially since it is a question of heating a single "space"!

Alas, to have an efficient stove, with regulation, programmable, the 1 euros, it will be a little too tight ...

Compared to an electric heater with Joule effect (without heat pump), a price cerat is recovered by the price of the kWh.

You: http://www.propellet.fr/indices-de-prix.html
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 02/08/13, 18:11

Compared to an electric heater with Joule effect (without heat pump), a price cerat is recovered by the price of the kWh.

You: http://www.propellet.fr/indices-de-prix.html

What amazes me in this comparison is that the heat pump is not mentioned nor the wood which are the 2 cheapest and by far heating mode. The cap with a good copy if you have a nuclear power plant or photovoltaic near you and wood if you are not too careful.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 02/08/13, 19:38

I think - but I am not "propellet":

a) they cite a source that I do not know; most likely, to avoid endless discussions, it takes up the official PEGASE base of the Ministry in charge of Energy.

b) PACs have quite variable COPs; roughly speaking, it is the price per kWh "Joule effect" / average COP over the winter

c) the log is even more variable, with regard to its PCI (calorific value). First of all by essence. And then depending on its humidity. This varies almost from simple to double!

That said, the log is even cheaper than the pellet. We can tend towards 2,5 cents per kWh. And less if you do it yourself.

d) But indeed, there are comparisons which also give logs, wood chips, etc ... Here, it was a question of "Joule effect" chuaffage and I used this source to locate the comparative costs of 'a pellet stove that I recommend ... So the table was appropriate ...
0 x