1 "flexible connection at the outlet of the water meter: prob

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
DC
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

1 "flexible connection at the outlet of the water meter: prob

by DC » 20/07/13, 03:29

Problem for Bernoulli no doubt ... 8)

Data
The inlet to the water meter is probably 2 "in diameter. After the meter, the bleeder and the non-return valve which are at 1", the main pipe continues logically at 1 "to the manifold also at 1" .
From there, diameters of 22 and 15 mm for the EFS, the DHW and the DC supply.
At the 1st third of the main pipe (copper), I plan to install a flexible 1 "connection in order to bypass the upright of the staircase which is almost glued to the irregular foundation wall in roughly cemented and limed stones.
It is not possible to pass the 1 "pipe through the gap.

Question:
If the outside diameter of the flexible connector (metal braid) looks like 1 ", the INSIDE diameter is very much reduced due to the rubberized inner sheath (hose type). This caliber narrowing at the circuit inlet extends over 60 cm approximately.
What repercussions on the general water supply flow (main pipe to the collector) compared to what would exist if the bypass of the staircase was done using brass fittings brazed between segments of copper pipe in 1 "(more complicated and no disassembly possible) ?

The operating pressure is 4 bars (?) Or 10 L of water max / 50 "via direct line supply to the meter (currently in 15 mm)

Thank you already for your contributions before I take action : Idea:

DC

NB: For the diagram of the sanitary and CC circuits, see my previous subject: https://www.econologie.com/forums/post211491.html#211491
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 21/07/13, 21:55

As the answers do not jostle and although others would certainly be more qualified than me, here is what it inspires me.8)
The reduction in size due to this hose leads to a greater pressure drop, however, given the low flow rates of a domestic installation, this should not have a significant impact.
For the sake of compromise, you are always free to install a larger hose in order to be closer to the 1 ".
Carrying out the rigid tube junction is a solution that should not be ruled out and the "non-removable" argument falls if you take the precaution of fitting 2 "union" fittings on this portion.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
DC
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by DC » 22/07/13, 11:48

Ahmed wrote:the argument of "unmountable" falls if you take the precaution of fitting 2 "union" fittings on this portion.

Hello and thank you for your detailed answer.

However, once the nuts of the union fittings have been unscrewed, in order to be able to extract the portion of tube included between the fittings, it is necessary to be able to separate the two fixed parts of the brazed union fittings a little laterally from each other. 1 "pipe.
I'm afraid I can't do it.

In addition, hoses on occasion that is at a good price even in 1 "on the other hand of the unions in 1" cheap, I have never found : Cry:

I do not despair, the 1st solution therefore remains temporary?

thank you for your support 8)
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "