Channel Stuffing; we break almost new Audi cars!

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Christophe

Channel Stuffing; we break almost new Audi cars!

by Christophe » 24/05/13, 16:10

An industrial practice that I did not know (except for fruits and vegetables) and which is ... very disturbing for the mental health of those who decide to practice it ... and for the planetary resources ...

Even worse than planned obsolescence... Hallucinating: https://maps.google.fr/maps?q=48%C2%B04 ... e&t=h&z=16

An almost new car cemetery

A visible image on Google Maps, is very revealing of the economic drifts of our time: one sees there a graveyard of almost new cars of mark Audi, located at hundred kilometers north of Munich, in Germany. The existence of this cemetery testifies to the "Channel Stuffing", a practice that consists of a company to fill its distribution channels without ensuring their real outlets to inflate artificially sales. This is the consequence of the overproduction of the automotive market, given the collapse of demand.

According to the Zero Hedge website, this practice has become very common in this sector. These cars are destined for destruction; in this way, manufacturers avoid lowering the price of cars, such as spare parts.

Digging a hole, then filling it, or building cars to destroy them, seems to have become the new engine of our economies, the blog says ironically.

Source: http://www.express.be/business/fr/econo ... 189809.htm
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 25/05/13, 19:46

Yeah, I just discovered that. I wanted to post but you got ahead of me one day.
this thing is amazing.
this world really needs to change.
0 x
Click my signature
loopyng84
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by loopyng84 » 25/05/13, 20:21

dirk pitt wrote:this world really needs to change.

"the change is now" :?
0 x
"we do not inherit the land from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children" St Exupéry
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/05/13, 20:15

Well that changed with the PS ... worse!

Another example of marketing mismatch: http://www.rue89.com/rue89-eco/2013/05/ ... don-242157

This American sign that prefers to burn his clothes than to donate

Abercrombie and Fitch is an American ready-to-wear brand that wants to give itself a certain standing. And for the sign, rather burn his clothes than to donate. Picture question.

An Abercrombie and Fitch manager revealed that the products returned by the customers were immediately destroyed. And this, whatever the defect. Yet many associations have already approached the banner for donations. Categorical refusal explained by this manager:

"Abercrombie and Fitch does not want to suggest that anyone, a poor person, can wear his clothes. Only people of a certain stature can buy and wear the name of the company. "

A few days ago, the firm was already illustrated by ceasing to offer sizes larger than 38. The brand wants to be associated with "young hipsters". Which obviously are beautiful and thin!
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"