Washable air fliter

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 08/03/13, 00:03

Hi Alain and thank you, I will look at this from my side I will see once I have done the spring cleaning of filters and oil :) : p ... I think the XUD9 of 300000 (it's its 300000 km anniversary today :) ) will push again for a moment :) ...

Chatelot as much for me, these are actually oiled cotton filters ...

I re-read two or three things and in the intake kits, it protects the filter against lime (not the reverse which I thought I remember), which seems normal at the same time.

I am not a motorist but, it is oxygen oxidizing it for a good explosion.

The warmer the air, the less oxygen there is for the same amount of air .... therefore the colder the air the more oxygen there is, therefore more oxidizer ....
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 08/03/13, 01:57

Hello
bidouille23 wrote:I am not a motorist but, it is oxygen oxidizing it for a good explosion.

The warmer the air, the less oxygen there is for the same amount of air .... therefore the colder the air the more oxygen there is, therefore more oxidizer ....

Regarding the oxygen content whether the air is hot or cold, the oxygen / nitrogen ratio remains the same, what changes is the mass of the air swallowed, when driving at -25 -30 the engine swallows a greater weight of air but it is not unleashed
Letting hot air swallow a petrol engine is like reducing the intake by the throttle valve if the petrol to air mass swallowed consumption ratio is practically not changed at equal power.

Currently most engines are seeking to decrease the amount of oxygen in the swallowed air, by making it swallow a certain amount of ERG exhaust gas, this makes the combustion cooler, decreasing NOX and improving engine efficiency.
If the engines ran on pure oxygen the temperature would be too high as well as the combustion speed, with risk for the exhaust valve as well as piston and cylinder head.

Andre
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 08/03/13, 08:56

AXEAU wrote:Hi,
Alain I have no doubt that you are saving by one means or another but in all injection systems we measure the mass of air entering the engine to adjust the amount of fuel.
The injection which you describe is with pressure / temperature admitted air and engine speed.
It is an indirect measurement system to determine the air mass.
So I am not convinced by the argument of breathing hot air to lower consumption.
It is certain that the calculator will reduce the inj time. but ultimately to maintain a certain speed you will accelerate a little more.
Other opinions if there are engine manufacturers?

jlg

Hello Axeau!

Chrysler have never used a mass air flow sensor, it uses a Map sensor (manifold absolute pressure) and an intake temperature sensor.

As the air is denser I do not need to weigh more on the pacifier!

The engine breathes better and requires less throttle opening and the throttle position sensor sends a signal which has priority over the Map sensor which is mainly used during acceleration.

Like I said these are high torque engines not like a Honda engine with no torque always limit where you have to change speed at the slightest slope.
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 08/03/13, 19:25

Good evening, thank you André for this explanation.

I didn't catch this air mass story ...

And indeed I had not thought about the fact that with pure oxygen the temperature would have been too high so that the nitrogen "calms" the combustion ...

on the other hand could you explain this to me otherwise please:

Getting hot air to swallow a petrol engine is like reducing the intake by the throttle valve if the petrol to air mass swallowed consumption ratio is practically not changed at equal power.

the beginning I understand until "if the ratio of mass of air swallowed, it wouldn't miss a word by chance, because I don't understand the end of the blow and it annoys me :) ...

story I go to bed less stupid tonight please :) , thank you .
0 x
Other

by Other » 08/03/13, 20:33

Hello
bidouille23 wrote: on the other hand could you explain this to me otherwise please:

Getting hot air to swallow a petrol engine is like reducing the intake by the throttle valve, if the gasoline mass to air swallowed ratio consumption is practically not changed at equal power.

the beginning I understand until "if the ratio of mass of air swallowed, it wouldn't miss a word by chance, because I don't understand the end of the blow and it annoys me :) ...

story I go to bed less stupid tonight please :) , thank you .

With cars electronic injection and measurement of everything that enters the engine
the ratio air gasoline is is still 14,7
In summary if we suck in hot air the ratio will stay at 14,7 but the amount of mixture entering the engine is less than if it were cold. (it's a bit like having released the accelerator a little.)

Now on the old carburetor engines the temperature of the air has an effect on the wealth the principle of the control of the wealth is done by a venturia and it regulates it according to the volume of air which passes in the venturia, from the hot or cold air it does not take it into account ..
Examples on aircraft engines with Lycoming 1946 carburetor technology, there is a manual system for reheating the intake air around the exhaust pipes (to prevent carburetor icing)
If we cross the engine runs at 2350rpm while sucking cold air
if we pull the carburetor heater it drops to 2300 or even less without touching anything else.
In reality this drop in regime is as if we had reduced the gas grip. This creates other disadvantages of operating on hot air first it enriches the mixture, then it increases the temperature of the cylinder heads and risk of detonation.
engines with a large combustion chamber (125mm piston) if the temperature at the end of compression is too high it lights up too quickly. (this also explains why these engines work at low compression rates of 6,5 to 8,5 despite the use of high octane fuel 100LL)
By cons when I fly at -25 at low altitude, I operate on the carburetor heater to be a little richer, an engine too poor vibrates and the exhaust temperature increases with a risk for the exhaust valves.

Andre
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 08/03/13, 21:12

Comprendo gracias senior André.

muchas gracias .bilan I will leave the filter where it is and its air intake where it is ...
0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"