Mirror film on double glazing, useful or not

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Willaupuis
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Mirror film on double glazing, useful or not

by Willaupuis » 28/05/06, 18:53

here is as the title of the subject says, does it change anything that installing a mirror film, whether inside or outside of its frames?
inside does it gain a little insulation in the glazing? without preventing the sun from entering.

outside in winter it prevents the sun from entering so it would be a disadvantage

has anyone already taken the test?
0 x
if everyone agrees is that people thought
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 28/05/06, 19:05

Hello
see where you live, save your money : Mrgreen:
@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
rezut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rezut » 29/05/06, 11:08

Hello
yes it is very effective in summer for heat but drawback in winter more free heat
or a chassis for the summer and one for the winter : Lol:
0 x
Willaupuis
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Willaupuis » 05/06/06, 21:10

yes I suspect that if the mirror side is outside in winter the heat of the sun would no longer enter but if we put the mirror side inside in winter it prevents it from bringing out calories outside ? and the non-mirrored side prevents the sun from entering (with a loss anyway I imagine but for my case in the house that I bought, in the south (there is perpetuity when they built it they have put the garage, so I have no large picture window I have one to the west and windows to the east, to the north none)

do you think i would gain something?
0 x
jlvx
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jlvx » 05/06/06, 21:31

Hi,

in the absence of a film, an insulating external blind, by absorption and / or reflection allows "air conditioning" at best in summer, and lets in heat in winter (by raising it!).
Of course it could be more expensive than a "mirror" film!

Good luck
0 x
Other

by Other » 05/06/06, 22:14

Hello,
I don't know you're talking about the same thing as Caloriverres windows
it is these panes that I put in my glass roof and I find that more interssant than ordinary panes, it is double panes it is the kind of gas and the coating which there is on an internal pane , there is a sense to install them, they cost a little more expensive, but are more effective to retain internal heat, and limit certain radius.
Anyway summer puts the windows you want in a canopy it's hell, it takes all my air conditioning to try to cool, illogical, so in summer I close the canopy of the house, with a door sliding double glass, in the evening it's good, in autumn in spring and even in winter in very cold weather when it is sunny it heats up.
In houses it is almost all double glazing, there is at the same time that it is triple panes, the caloriverre panes are more and more used.

Andre
0 x
Willaupuis
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Willaupuis » 06/06/06, 21:40

ok ok but I'm going to have the end of a roll and I'm going to do a test with the film inside, outside to see if it's worth putting them inside or not, I'll keep you posted on the results
0 x

Go back to "Real estate and eco-construction: diagnostics, HQE, HPE, bioclimatism, natural habitat and climatic architecture"