Spinach

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 26/02/13, 22:59

Janic wrote:... Then spinach is rich in nitrates (even more in "modern" culture) which, by oxidizing, transform into (toxic) nitrites, so quickly consume cooked spinach.

Hello,

I can't let you write this without correcting: the nitrate ion (NO³-) is reduces in nitrite ion (NO²-, actually quite toxic) only in aqueous medium anaerobic, in the presence of denitrifying bacteria as is the case in sewers or in rivers very polluted by organic matter.

No risk therefore of seeing the nitrates of cooked spinach turn into nitrites, unless they are left to bathe for a few days in their juice in a sealed, cold-filled box (otherwise, it's called a can, : Lol: ).

edit: add a small link: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrification
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 27/02/13, 00:13

re,

??? is there a bp or is it me who can't read ???

source:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrification

Conceptually, nitrification takes place in two stages [1]:

1. Ammonia → Nitrite
2. Nitrite → Nitrate

So far all is well :) .

This is spoiled right?
source:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrate

quote:

Do not confuse nitrates and nitrites NO2− salts of nitrous acid, or result of the reduction of nitrates by specific bacteria.

I understand that it is said the opposite, I am the only one in this case?

this said this page is a draft ...

thank you for this explanation.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/02/13, 00:39

Those who have not done chemistry, have a little trouble understanding the action of ions / electrons in chemical reactions.

I good?

I say that, I say nothing ...
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 27/02/13, 01:03

uh yes necessarily :) .... it's obvious my dear doctor watson;) ....

otherwise I spoke more of the sentence

Quote:
Do not confuse nitrates and nitrites NO2− salts of nitrous acid, or result of the reduction of nitrates by specific bacteria.

I understand by reading that: No2- is the result of the reduction of nitrates by bacteria, however on in the explanation of hightfky and that of the first wiki link it is well written that it is the reduction of nitrite which gives nitrate not the opposite :) ...
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 27/02/13, 01:14

bidouille23 wrote:... it is well written that it is the reduction of nitrite which gives nitrate not the reverse :) ...

Uh ... no, it's the oxidation (roughly, addition of an O) of the nitrites (NO²-) which give nitrates (NO³-).

Edit: I think I can see where the confusion, the nitrification is the process of switching from ammonia (NH4 +) to nitrate. Bacteria oxidize while breathing ....
See the nice wiki link table and http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%A9nitrification
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET

"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 02/03/13, 14:17

Hello ,

thank you hightfly, a buddy biologist have finished making me understand, that in fact, the two senses exists (your link too :) ), ok, so nitrite gives nitrate but nitrate can also give nitrites ...
0 x