Stop the radar reduces accidents

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 11/01/13, 11:53

sen-no-sen, I am a big supporter of the decrease in the number of cars, it does not prevent that in practice it is not so simple.
For 5 months, I did without a car, I even sold it.
But my cdd ending I found a job in a very dangerous place to get there by bike and also very physical.
So after a day of work fair e3 / 4 of an hour of cycling in all weathers.
I bought a car and yet I live in an aglo close to 100k inhabitants!
0 x
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 11/01/13, 11:59

Being often in Paris for professional reasons, I can assure you that taking public transport or cycling is much faster than using the automobile.

Since you are often in Paris, have you ever seen RER A at rush hour?
Public transport works up to a certain limit. (here I only speak of cases where it works, since there are days where it does not work)
The problem is that CT is only viable for people living in the city center of large cities.

The other evening, during the week, I went to eat in town, the last Bus was 8:50 am, the evening was slightly shortened :)

Cycling is great! Especially in winter, at night, under the fleet. Pedaling it warms ...

SixK
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 11/01/13, 12:30

phil53 wrote:sen-no-sen, I am a big supporter of the decrease in the number of cars, it does not prevent that in practice it is not so simple.
For 5 months, I did without a car, I even sold it.
But my cdd ending I found a job in a very dangerous place to get there by bike and also very physical.
So after a day of work fair e3 / 4 of an hour of cycling in all weathers.
I bought a car and yet I live in an aglo close to 100k inhabitants!

I did not say that it was simple, if life on earth was simple it would be known!
We simply no longer realize the simplicity offered by the modern world.
Otherwise there is no TC to get you closer to your job?
How far is your home from your work?

Sixt you write:
Since you are often in Paris, have you ever seen RER A at rush hour?
Public transport works up to a certain limit. (here I only speak of cases where it works, since there are days where it does not work)
The problem is that CT is only viable for people living in the city center of large cities.

Oh yes I know the RER well!
Compaction of individuals is a common practice!
However, I prefer a hundred times better to be cramped in a stinking RER than to be blocked on the device!

And sorry the TC works well, even when working outside, most "Transilien" confirms it every day.
For my part, I worked for 3 years in Lyon 70km from my home, using the coach + bike, without ever being late and I saved almost € 2500 / year!

Cycling is great! Especially in winter, at night, under the fleet. Pedaling it warms ...

There are now high tech solutions for cold cycling, which is called (sorry I advertise!) Gore tex, Wind stopper, Thinsulate, Odlo etc ...
Being a follower of the little queen, I can guarantee you that even in very cold weather, you can be warm on your bike, you just have to invest in technical product, and it will cost you much less than replacing a belt of distribution!

A little subject on the question of sieur Jancovici:
http://www.manicore.com/documentation/deplacements.html
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 11/01/13, 15:57

> not even very cold weather, you can be hot on your bike, it
> you just have to invest in technical products

I confirm: the problem is above all to avoid getting too hot, which causes sweating and death afterwards, hence the need to have several removable layers and a zipper on the jacket! I bought myself a cannondale paddle (on sale, if not overpriced): the can arrived in a solid state, but I had the impression of having the balls in a very hot muffle, it's royal.
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 11/01/13, 17:46

sen-no-sen, no, even though I live in the suburbs of a big city, as I cannot find a job in my profession, I am forced to accept seasonal work in the countryside. It is not far 12 or 15km but by small winding roads very frequented by all the townspeople who are sprawling in the nearby countryside or who avoid the traffic jams which cut through "through fields".
Car pooling is not easy either. Even if you find it is also necessary that the boss accepts it because in poorly paid jobs he treats you like that sings to them and changes schedules without warning according to time, orders.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/01/13, 20:02

And this radar will reduce or increase accidents (trick question for ladies)? :)

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/01/13, 14:51

A new panel :)

0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."