Purchasing power, the profiteers of the crisis

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 09/10/08, 15:26

Pear Belle Helene wrote:
Yet it's like flying saucers and smart women, everyone talks about it but no one has ever seen it.

......... Ha good ????? I did not know that having masculine attributes made me clever ........ quickly I'm going to get a pair : Mrgreen:
Ah finally, I was wondering how long she would hold this one !!!

Of course I meant: "Santa Claus and smart women ..." : Mrgreen:
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 09/10/08, 16:47

: Wink: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

Re: Purchasing power, the profiteers of the crisis

by Christophe » 09/10/08, 18:57

C moa wrote:One did you know by the way: : Lol:
Did you know ?? 4-5 large private oil majors (Exxon, Chevron, BP, TOTAL, Shell) account for only 12% of world oil production.

It surprises me a bit because we often say that there are 7 majors (7 sisters, the 7 sisters but you know that better than me) ...

TOTAL, BP and SHELL still provide ... I would say 100% for France (approximately) and a large part of Northern Europe and England which is still a big consumption.

Same remark for Exxon and Chevron, right?
To my knowledge Texaco is not so powerful who stays there in the USA? And the rest? The Chinese? Indians?

Speaking of oil, I just bought a great book that you may know:

http://www.amazon.fr/supertankers-fran% ... 2726886132

It is frankly impressive I would make a subject on occasion!

I had crossed a 270 - 000 Tons to gilbraltar in 350 during a conveyance. There was an Erika class washing her tanks ... it was impressive the scale ratio! Scale about 000/2003.

The 60s to 90s, it was the great era of mechanics and industry in France ... now everything is ruining ...

ps: not smart the blow of the intelligent woman ... you will not have a good point!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/10/08, 19:05

Sorry couldn't help it:

Pear Belle Helene wrote:...... quickly I'm going to go get a pair : Mrgreen:

Don't forget to order the 2 lobes ... of the brain that you are going to get transplanted : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 09/10/08, 19:51

Christophe wrote:
C moa wrote:One did you know by the way: : Lol:
Did you know ?? 4-5 large private oil majors (Exxon, Chevron, BP, TOTAL, Shell) account for only 12% of world oil production.

It surprises me a bit because we often say that there are 7 majors (7 sisters, the 7 sisters but you know that better than me) ...
In fact the 7 sisters are the 7 companies which were created following the insanity of the Rockefeller empire but they are not all at the top of the poster. Today we consider 5 majors (in order of turnover or capitalization I no longer know) EXXON / MOBIL, SHELL, BP, TOTAL, CHEVRON / TEXACO.
I had another document which was better (and more recent but it hasn't changed much since 2000) but with those you will see that the market share of these companies is quite relative.
http://britoil.canalblog.com/archives/2005/12/13/1104886.html
http://www.unctad.org/infocomm/francais/petrole/societes.htm
It also explains why we didn't piss off the Saudis after September 11 when 3/4 of the terrorists were Saudis. :?
TOTAL, BP and SHELL still provide ... I would say 100% for France (approximately) and a large part of Northern Europe and England which is still a big consumption.
The difference between extraction and refining must be made because it is not because TOTAL refines for France that the crude belongs to it. In addition, we have to import a good part of our diesel because our production capacities are mainly geared towards petrol (that's why at one point diesel was almost as expensive as petrol).
In Europe, there are also the Norwegian Norsk Hydro and Statoil (these are national companies).
Same remark for Exxon and Chevron, right?
To my knowledge Texaco is not so powerful who stays there in the USA? And the rest? The Chinese? Indians?
Chevron and Texaco have merged. For the rest, look at the graph, these are all the national companies of the producing countries. Some like Petrobras (Brazil) are very good and compete technically with the majors (they made a few months ago the biggest discoveries of the last 30 years off the state of Sao Paulo).

Speaking of oil, I just bought a great book that you may know:

http://www.amazon.fr/supertankers-fran% ... 2726886132

It is frankly impressive I would make a subject on occasion!

I had crossed a 270 - 000 Tons to gilbraltar in 350 during a conveyance. There was an Erika class washing her tanks ... it was impressive the scale ratio! Scale about 000/2003.
I don't know this book but it is true that when you are "at the foot" in a surfer or a tugboat at the beginning it is impressive.
The 60s to 90s, it was the great era of mechanics and industry in France ... now everything is ruining ...
What is dramatic is especially that if certain industries returned we would be unable to do. Our dear politicians wanted us to go to college, we see the result, the Atlantic shipyards have full order books but they can't recruit and they go looking for boxes in Eastern Europe (you will tell me it is europe but still it does not care).

ps: not smart the blow of the intelligent woman ... you will not have a good point!
Like Poire Belle Hélène, intelligent women will have understood the joke, watchdogs will have taken me for a nasty macho ... In both cases it suits me : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/10/08, 20:40

Ok ok chief!

Here I extracted the interview of LeFloch:

https://www.econologie.com/la-fin-du-pet ... -3947.html
Last edited by Christophe the 03 / 12 / 08, 11: 43, 1 edited once.
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 17/10/08, 17:43

Christophe wrote:[...] each household now has 2 flat screens, several ipod / mp3 player (or equivalent), 3 or 4 mobile subscription with the NEW FASHIONABLE PORTABLES ESPECIALLY FOR NOT BEING SHAMED BEFORE THE GIRLS OR FRIENDS, several PCs. ..and all these devices are VERY VERY Often renewed ...
[...]
And the food that passes after all these trivialities ... then, instead of reducing or eliminating them, in your opinion what do most homes do? They are compressing the budget BOUFFE and are buying more and more 1ER PRIMERS to continue buying their useless tech shit!

I just discovered this thread thanks to a link from Christophe (on another thread), and I agree 100%!
It makes me cry to see people complaining that "life is too expensive" and having the latest technology in their pockets and apartments!

Where are the priorities ?? It is the unlimited subscription of the mobile or the food of the small ??
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/12/08, 11:48

indy49 wrote:Where are the priorities ?? It is the unlimited subscription of the mobile or the food of the small ??

I don't know where the priorities are, not in the right place I think ...

But it seems to me that during the last 30 years we have become accustomed to a "free or almost" food ...forgetting that the most expensive energy is the calories from human food ...

But it takes about 10 calories of "fossil" energy to make it "human food" ...
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 03/12/08, 13:04

[moved to https://www.econologie.com/forums/post107043.html#107043. I had not seen this category before. sorry]

Here, I did not find a subject "category" that could correspond to my question, so I will ask it here, since we are already talking about food.

Someone said to me recently:
someone wrote:I know someone who ate only organic, but their daughter had problems. They realized that it was the phosphates that were laying them down.
And the guy goes on to say that organic products contain more phosphates than the others and that it is much better since she eats conventional products.

: Shock:
I am very surprised by these statements ...
Phosphates are shit that's in chemical fertilizers, right? So why would there be more in organic products than in others?
I have the impression that this guy completely changed a fact to spit on organic and praise industrial food ...
In short, I wonder if he hasn't reversed roles !?

Who is right :?:
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/12/12, 22:26

Super purchasing power (La Chanson du Dimanche, La Série, season 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiYfadqOGsA
0 x