Ash to unclog the pipes?

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Ash to unclog the pipes?

by the middle » 04/04/07, 10:33

Bondjou,
Problem: regularly, my sewage drain my kitchen is clogging ... too stingy with soap? I send too little hot water? Poorly made pipe? Do not know ..
My ex-wife told me "ho! But me, I used" unblocker every 3 weeks, to maintain the pipes "
So, as for now, I'm warming myself in the wood, I wondered if ... put filtered ash in my sink, from time to time .... it's soda? is a little greener than the déboucheurs of the super market ...
Before doing so, I'm waiting for an opinion ....
Alain
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 04/04/07, 11:27

I was doing something for the kitchen sink that never got clogged when I got an apartment.
I drank coffee made with ground coffee and water (I say because there is so much different way of making coffee already). Well, I just poured the contents of the filter after the coffee, into the sink. Thanks to that, I never got them clogged. This technique was confirmed to me by a girlfriend of the time ...

It's simple, at no extra cost ... however, I do not know if the water company likes this ... note with all the junk that pass in the kitchen pipes ... It can not be negative .
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 04/04/07, 11:37

ThierrySan wrote:I was doing something for the kitchen sink that never got clogged when I got an apartment.
I drank coffee made with ground coffee and water (I say because there is so much different way of making coffee already). Well, I just poured the contents of the filter after the coffee, into the sink. Thanks to that, I never got them clogged. This technique was confirmed to me by a girlfriend of the time ...

It's simple, at no extra cost ... however, I do not know if the water company likes this ... note with all the junk that pass in the kitchen pipes ... It can not be negative .

Yes, yes, a lot of times the "grandmothers" used this stuff ...
But I have a doubt, for the degreasing of pipes ... I was told also, that this system removes bad odors ...
Anyway, coffee waste is 100% bio..finally, almost :D
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 04/04/07, 13:57

For my part I reserve the coffee grounds for the garden: it is a good repellent for snails ...
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 04/04/07, 18:04

Ben it seems to me that it was degreaser qd even ... and then, in terms of odors, yes, it also removes the bad smell of sink!
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 23/11/12, 19:04

Good evening, I know it has nothing to do with the ashes, but here's what I found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb8oc7wpDb0
I saw it in demonstration at an exhibition near my home, this system seems innovative
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/11/12, 20:07

the true deboucheur is caustic soda, which eats the skin and is very dangerous ... caustic potash will have the same effect

but the ash is only ordinary potash: for the chemist carbonate of potassium

the teaching has turned the paddle by changing the vocabulary: in 1900 potash meant potassium carbonate, and it was necessary to say potash caustic to say potassium hydroxide

I do not know exactly in which year the chemistry teaching has changed: now potash means potassium hydroxide ... the teaching has changed, but it has not rewritten all the books, nor even changed them. commercial name

conclusion we do not finish to see confusion

changing vocabulary is dangerous ... worse if there has been a change of vocabulary we will have to teach the school the date and justification of this change to be able to understand and beware ...

conclusion the word potash or soda alone no longer mean anything

and the potash not caustic of the ash does not debouch ... I would even say that the ash contains also lime and dust mineral of any kind rather of the kind to butcher even more

the coffee grounds is something else: it really cleans even if I do not understand why

but beware the coffee grounds maintain the pipe to prevent it from clogging, but does not make a miracle to unblock ... unlike the caustic soda that managed to dissolve some plugging

what is bad is that if the caustic soda does not succeed to lead, it is dangerous for the one who must dismount the pipes to solve the problem

I say that caustic soda is good to debouch when it goes a little slowly: especially not when it's completely clogged
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 23/11/12, 20:27

Yep ..... and we get it back, how does the rag / tea towel ..... before it goes itself plugging the collector and other "Y" a little further?

AMHA a rag is not at all representative of a "clogged" pipe which always allows a minimum of water to pass ..... there will therefore not be at all the same rise in pressure which makes the plug advance like a piston. If you don't have access to the exit to collect the rag, it looks more like a machine to increase problems more than to solve them : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 23/11/12, 20:56

In fact I saw this thing at an exhibition, will know if the tap pressure is not increased for it to work during the demo, it's reminiscent of teleshopping with their thousands of products, it shows the benefits, ease of use, but not all the disadvantages
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/11/12, 21:45

the rag is for the demo ... do not voluntarily put a cloth to clean the pipes!

the problem is that if it is well plugged and we have 4 bar has its tap, pvc pipes will not resist ... it will explode or take off somewhere: it would be more prudent to put a reducer Pressure: 0,5 bar would seem sufficient
0 x