Rising energy poverty in France (housing)

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

Rising energy poverty in France (housing)

by Christophe » 07/02/11, 16:07

Housing spending weighs more and more on households

(Boursier.com) - In 2010, the average household expenditure on housing amounted to 9.800 euros per year, or 300 euros more than in 2009, highlight the national housing accounts published this Thursday by the Ministry of Ecology. In addition, current French spending on this item jumped 4,2% in 2010 to almost € 298 billion, after rising 1,8% in 2009 and against inflation of only 1,5%. .

And yet, rental prices, which represent three-quarters of current expenditure, are not the cause of this increase since they are slowing down for the fifth consecutive year (+ 2,7% after + 3,1% in 2009). "Never, since the origin of the housing account, their rate of progress had been so little sustained", even specifies the Ministry of Ecology.

In detail, the price of rents in the free sector decelerates, recording a growth of 1,3% after 1,7% in 2009. That of rents in the social sector also, increasing by only 2% in 2010 after + 3%, l 'last year.

More than rent therefore, it is energy-related expenses that weigh in the budget devoted to housing. "They are accelerating very powerfully, after their marked decline in 2009, in connection with the evolution of oil prices", explains the ministry. Supported by the sudden rise in the price of a barrel of Brent (+ 28%), the price of domestic fuel oil jumped 23% after falling by 31% in 2009. Gas followed the same trend but less markedly (+ 6,5% after -2,9%). In addition, "energy consumption dedicated to space heating is accelerating due to much harsher weather than the previous year (+ 12,1% after + 0,4%)". In his last report, the energy mediator also insisted on the worrying rise of the phenomenon of "energy poverty", spending on heating and lighting weighing more and more on the purchasing power of consumers. households ...

Source: http://www.boursier.com/actualites/econ ... -6700.html

Recall that housing costs are NOT taken into account in the calculation of price inflation by INSEE.

Otherwise I like the definition of "slowdown" in the mouth of a "fellow" ... I would like my salary to slow down by + 2.7% per month ... : Cheesy:

It's the price increase that slows down, not the prices ...
0 x
LOGIC12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Energy poverty.

by LOGIC12 » 12/02/12, 23:46

hello: We are told about fuel poverty, because of low income, of course, but also because of uninsulated old housing.

But people who live in recent dwellings, by definition well insulated, also complain about consumption.

We isolate, of course, but that implies good ventilation which renews all the air in 1 hour 30 minutes ... Of course, we invented the double-flow CMV that we can install in homes in order to waste less, but in co-ownership, we have a classic collective VMC and that's it.
If there was not this ventilation, it is the guaranteed humidity and the molds which gives housing ....... unsanitary as we say on TV.
And for laundry, where to hang it especially in winter ??? in the accommodation which is not at all intended for that of course. The VMC is also used to dry laundry with the movement of air.
But the outside air in winter, it is often very humid, it can be around 80% humidity, it is the heating that dries, finally if it works.

Then there is the real catastrophe of non-evacuation heaters, like oil or gas stoves that produce a lot of humidity. And housing made damp by these devices is even more difficult to heat.

http://www.cuverville.org/article89.html

In addition, it is more expensive than electric heating of equivalent power for the same operating time at the current rate.
In addition, these are devices to be used occasionally and in well ventilated areas. And the ventilation required destroys the heat supplied.

There is wood heating, very good in a private house, but in co-ownership, it is not even worth thinking about it ...

In co-ownership, the energies used for heating are gas or electricity. Gas is more interesting for areas of at least 45 m2, below, electricity is more interesting: no maintenance costs, no additional subscription.

Then, you have to know how to manage so as not to spend too much. When you leave for the whole day at work, it is in your interest to reduce the temperature, as some say, especially when you know that every 1 hour 30 minutes the air is renewed. If the accommodation is insulated it rises very quickly in temperature, and one could program especially in electric so that it starts heating up half an hour before arriving.

And of course, the ordinary convectors which equip a lot of housing and which heat only the air, consume a lot.

And to avoid consuming too much, it is better to have a heated accommodation above, below and on the sides. And also avoid the cold walls that radiate from the cold: the floor tiles are less pleasant than parquet or even a simple PVC coating or carpet. The cold coming from the ground encourages the thermostat to be pushed.

For the thermostats of electric radiators, they should never be fully turned on, it does not exceed half at most. Indeed, the resistor always works at full power when the thermostat gives it current. It only acts on the duration of the resistance's operation.
With the thermostat fully down, the resistance will consume continuously, and hello the expense.

And then, you have to review your budget if you have trouble, heating is one of the priority expenses, if you have to eliminate expenses you will find others not essential or even harmful.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/02/12, 18:59

LOGIC12 writing:
But people who live in recent dwellings, by definition well insulated, also complain about consumption.

It is not so sure: what does "by definition well isolated" mean?
The word "isolation", like the word "speed" does not mean anything in itself, you have to know what degree of isolation we are talking about.

Indeed, in the case which interests us here, the isolation is not absolute, it is relative, that is to say that it measures only the more or less great speed with which the exchange of calories (whatever it is) between one medium and another.

Energy poverty is obviously directly linked to economic poverty which makes it difficult to meet heating costs, as it limits the possibilities of improving insulation.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 15/02/12, 08:51

Hello,
This is a subject that has bothered me for quite a long time.
I was fortunate to have the money to insulate my house, install photovoltaic panels, and have a tank.
I live on a hill, and I have a view of many houses in my village.
Few are insulated, few have solar panels ...
I'm talking about luck, pcq a pensioner does not have the money to transform his house.
I'm talking about pcq luck young people are already struggling to buy a house, so adding good insulation or doing more is excluded.
This is a subject that should be a priority for our governments.
But we still have the possibility of living in a room, with a lamp and a wood stove as before.
Ha! no, it is prohibited, it seems that in Belgium a person from the state comes to check if the room of your future child is heated, etc.
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
razputin
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by razputin » 20/11/12, 16:28

Energy management has always been a problem. Problem to always supply more on the supplier side, problem to pay it on our side!
Controlling your consumption becomes a real challenge!
It all starts with the purchase or rental of a new home, check what you are buying to avoid unpleasant surprises in terms of energy.
0 x