The dead of pollution

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Christophe

The dead of pollution

by Christophe » 26/05/06, 10:43

The silent disaster of the dead of urban air pollution.

The numbers are scary, here are some selected pieces:

"Air pollution is a catastrophe for public health even more than for the climate."

"We learn that out of an urban population of 15 inhabitants of 259 agglomerations in France in 590, 76 deaths were attributable to pollution by fine particles. This represents 2002% of the total mortality of this same population that year! "

"France alone would see 31 deaths from air pollution per year, including 700 (17%) attributable to road traffic alone !!"

An "interesting" comparison between pollution and road accident is also made by the author of this article:

"Car, motorcycle and truck exhaust fumes 2,4 times more kills than road accidents !! The real road obituary is 17 + 600 = 7242 deaths per year !!! We would very much like the road safety figures to count ALL the victims ... "

The following: https://www.econologie.com/morts-pollution/

https://www.econologie.com/telechargemen ... rapport-1/

https://www.econologie.com/telechargemen ... rapport-2/

https://www.econologie.com/citepa-pollut ... nt-france/

https://www.econologie.com/citepa-invent ... on-france/
Last edited by Christophe the 15 / 04 / 11, 19: 57, 5 edited once.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 26/05/06, 12:08

"We learn that on an urban population of 15 259 590 inhabitants of 76 agglomerations of France in 2002, 9513 deaths would be attributable to pollution by fine particles. This represents 4,9% of the total mortality of this same population that year! "

fine particles = diesel engines Hdi (mainly) ........... when I posted this a few months ago, I was burned by some. I tell you this is one of the next 10 - 20 public health scandals to come, and it will not be all that.

And in France we do nothing better than diesel, particulate filters is a scam because they let these fine particles far more dangerous than the particles of an old diesel normal. Better still, we will manufacture hybrid diesel-electric engines.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/06, 12:11

Fortunately there is not only France ...

https://www.econologie.com/etude-particules-fines/
Last edited by Christophe the 29 / 05 / 07, 14: 57, 1 edited once.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 26/05/06, 12:21

I read the whole document on particles, very informative: we learn a lot.

Some filters are effective, but FAPs would increase NOx (also very dangerous), which leads to the production of NOx filters (DeNOx). We also learn that gasoline engines with direct injection (which consume less gasoline) ... emit nanoparticles PM10 as diesels! we do not leave ... all this for a question of money.

---------------------

Indeed more and more brands from any country are coming out of diesel vehicles; weird for japanese! perhaps they are content to export their vehicles (to France in particular?); I would be curious to know what percentage of diesel vehicles are driving in Tokyo!

Well, it makes me think: this week I saw 5 Toyota Prius Hybrid, the last of which this morning in the small town of 15000 hab near where I live .... a drop of water in the sea ... but surprising (beginning of awareness: relatives or friends who die of cancer and we catch the fiber "green"). : Mrgreen:
Last edited by jean63 the 26 / 05 / 06, 12: 53, 1 edited once.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/06, 12:30

Obviously you did not click on the link ... which talks about the health impact of fine particles in Switzerland.

So I was not talking about France as a car manufacturer but as a "publisher" of studies ... obviously you should not anger the Design Office and the technological choices of our manufacturers: it is them that we have the money so it's them that we are right?

Regarding the Prius, there was a comparison in turbo: https://www.econologie.com/comparatif-to ... aguna-dci/
Last edited by Christophe the 29 / 05 / 07, 14: 58, 2 edited once.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 26/05/06, 12:54

that's it I read, and modified my previous post.
0 x
pirate
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by pirate » 13/04/07, 21:37

> When, at the dawn of history, the first man threw himself on the monkey, with a full stomach, a club in his hand and murder in his heart, the monkey knew that the man was mad.
But it took a long time for the man to notice it. 8)
0 x
A people who sacrificed his freedom for security deserves neither the one nor the other!
airandsuncar
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by airandsuncar » 20/04/07, 15:40

Christophe
GISME

It's weird, since I gave answers to your questions about the "AIRANDSUNCAR" nobody is moving.

I voted François Bayrou in the first round because a priori it is the only one who will really put the program of Nicolas Hulot en route.

Jean-Claude Guillermain
33686660350 at Agen
Citizen standing up and right.
0 x
john33
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

an effective way to fight against pollution!

by john33 » 29/05/07, 14:42

It is a fully transparent photocatalytic coating based on titanium dioxide in anatase form capable of making all surfaces self-cleaning. The photocatalysis caused by this coating is not only capable of cleaning up the ambient air as well as making the buildings and buildings self-cleaning but in addition, applied inside the same buildings including on the textiles (!), It destroys the bacteria , viruses, microbes, pollens, mites, odors, toxic volatile organic compounds ... In short, a real revolution for the preservation of our health ... And cocorico, it's French!
Reference link: PHOTOCAL http://www.cyberbtp.com/actus&dossiers/ ... ticle=5669

A facade of self-cleaning facades and fighting against pollution? It's possible now!
A Bordeaux-based company, Baticlean, has developed a photocatalytic coating that destroys polluting organic molecules in the air and on the facades of buildings. Innovative product, Photocal allows, according to Jean de Géradon, director of Baticlean, to make the self-cleaning constructions and to reduce the pollution of the air. Miracle product? A revolutionary solution, in any case, for the director. Interview.
published the 28 / 03 / 2007
Cyber ​​BTP: What are the properties of this product 'miracle'?

Jean de Géradon: Applied to the facades and roofs of buildings, and even on the roads, Photocal breaks down the pollutants coming into contact with it and the non-adhering residues are all simply eliminated by rainwater thanks to its super-hydrophilicity: the rain, instead of forming drops on the surface, spreads like a veil of water and slips by gravity, causing all the decomposed residues.

This product is totally transparent and invisible, even on the glass. The film thus formed is super thin (0,2 microns on average!). Stone, concrete, plaster, glazing, plastics, wood and even textiles can be easily and economically made self-cleaning.

But even more extraordinary, this product has the ability to destroy pollutants, toxic gases, bacteria and viruses, present in the air and coming into contact with it!

Would this technique solve our public health problems caused by pollution?

Numerous studies and reports from the scientific world have found the undeniable effectiveness of photocatalytic processes for their self-cleaning, antibacterial and air-polluting properties.

These studies have shown that a photocatalytic coating applied to 70% of the facades of buildings in a city can reduce air pollution by up to 35%. This coating is effective because of the turbulence of the air which constantly brings Nox and other volatile or semi-volatile compounds to the surface of buildings.

Photocatalysis is more effective than any other anti-bacterial agent. Photocal destroys 99% microorganisms, bacteria, viruses, fungi and molds. It eliminates among others: Escherichia coli, responsible for gastro-anteritis, staphylococcus aureus, responsible for nosocomial diseases and lung infections, Legionella pneumophila, responsible for legionellosis, Lysteria, responsible for lysteriosis and Salmonella, responsible for salmonella.

More importantly, the photocatalysis would be able to destroy the anthrax virus, but also that of the bird flu (H5N1), the first global planetary concern of the public health services and the governments, with a rate of effectiveness of 99 %.

This "smart" coating can lead to a revolution, not only in the self-cleaning protection of buildings, but also in the management of air pollution and in anti-bacterial and anti-viral warfare.

How is this process interesting for builders?

In addition to its ease and speed of installation and its reasonable cost, it significantly lengthens the time between remodeling, maintenance and cleaning operations of buildings, constructions and materials, by making self-cleaning surfaces outdoors and easy to clean. inside simply with water without any detergent additives or maintenance chemicals. Thanks to this, it allows substantial savings.

For example, the cost of refurbishment of buildings in the Ile de France region, calculated on a general refurbishment carried out every 40, is of the order of several hundreds of millions of euros according to the regional plan of quality of air or more precisely about Paris, 19 euros per year for each Parisian.

But it also cleans buildings and buildings by eliminating bacteria, viruses and mites and protects the materials from damage caused by UV rays from the sun.

This process is similar to plant photosynthesis in which chlorophyll captures sunlight to transform water and carbon dioxide into oxygen and glucose. This process systematically destroys mosses, algae and fungi. It is anti-graffiti and prevents the electrostatic adhesion of dust or fogging.

What scientific evidence do you have to convince your customers?

In addition to our own laboratory tests, numerous test and study reports from internationally recognized universities and scientists clearly demonstrate the extraordinary ability of titanium dioxide photocatalysis to self-clean and -bacterial. Just ask a search engine on the Internet by typing 'photocatalysis' to be convinced.

Philippe Busquin, Member of the European Commission responsible for the environment said that "smart coatings can lead to a revolution, not only in the management of air pollution, but also in the way architects and planners approach the persistent problem. urban smog ".

What is the cost of the product?

It all depends on the porosity of the support to be treated and the number of layers to be applied depending on this porosity. Let's say that we must count between 3 and 4 euros / m².

This cost price is not more expensive than that of a good water repellent facades but with how many other assets and advantages for our urban planning and our health!

Interviewed by Mélanie Lesoif

Baticlean SARL

Chemical renovation treatments for metal facade components - glass - plastic
Photocatalytic coatings for buildings, constructions and materials
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/05/07, 14:59

airandsuncar wrote:It's weird, since I gave answers to your questions about the "AIRANDSUNCAR" nobody is moving.

Uh ... where are your answers?
0 x