Getting Nuclear Exit Examination

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

Getting Nuclear Exit Examination

by Christophe » 16/05/06, 21:37

Charged by the DST a spokesman Réseau "Sortir du nucléaire"

This morning at 8 h, the Directorate of Security of the Territory (DST) conducted a search in the apartment of Stéphane Lhomme, spokesman of the Network "Sortir du nucléaire" and author of the book "Nuclear insecurity. Soon a Chernobyl in France? "(Editions Yves Michel).

Since this morning, Stéphane Lhomme, is in custody at the Central Police Station of Bordeaux for an indefinite period. He is suspected of holding a confidential defense document that demonstrates the vulnerability of the EPR nuclear reactor in the event of an airliner's plane crash. The case is in the hands of the anti-terrorist section of the Paris prosecutor's office.

The "Sortir du nuclear" network denounces this arrest and requests the immediate release of its spokesperson.

The “Sortir du nuclear” network had published in September 2005 a letter from an EDF official (not covered by defense secrecy) mentioning this confidential defense document (see: http://www.sortirdunucleaire.fr). During the public debate on the EPR which ended at the beginning of April 2006, the CPDP (National Commission for Public Debate) censored a passage from the written contribution of the Network “Sortir du nuclear” mentioning this confidential defense document.

http://www.sortirdunucleaire.org/
0 x
Chuwee
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Chuwee » 16/05/06, 21:48

No nuclear power plant is designed to resist the crash of an airliner (probability very much lower than the crash of a cessna for which they are able to resist) ...
It is sure that in the case of a diversion, the probabilities change ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/05/06, 10:13

Chuwee wrote:No nuclear power plant is designed to resist the crash of an airliner (probability very much lower than the crash of a cessna for which they are able to resist) ...

That is what I thought...

News of the day:

End of police custody for the spokesperson for the "Sortir du nuclear network"

Defense confidential document on the EPR
Stéphane Lhomme, who was arrested early Tuesday morning by police from the Directorate of Territorial Surveillance (DST), was released after XNUMX hours in police custody.
0 x
tomy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tomy » 25/05/06, 19:44

Let's not even talk about the cooling problems of the Blaye power station (Gironde) during the storm of December 1999 ....

This fact alone shows the relative insecurity of nuclear power plants, even when stationing soldiers and missiles.
No need to talk about terrorism ... :?
0 x