EU Directive on energy efficiency: audit and economy

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

EU Directive on energy efficiency: audit and economy

by Christophe » 14/09/12, 11:47

A directive ** on energy efficiency approved Tuesday by the European Parliament, will make binding energy saving measures compulsory, in particular the renovation of public buildings, energy saving programs for public services, and energy audits for all large companies.

By reducing energy consumption by 20%, the EU could save 50 billion euros per year. The directive will enter into force 20 days after its publication in the Official Journal of the EU and the Member States will have 18 months to transpose it into national law.

"This essential legislation is not only crucial to achieving energy security and climate-related goals, but it will truly benefit the economy and create jobs. It will decisively reduce the sizeable and growing costs of our dependence on energy. energy imports, namely 488 billion euros in 2011 or 3,9% of GDP, which is particularly marked in the countries affected by the crisis ", declared the rapporteur, Claude Turmes (Verts / ALE, LU).

Renovation of public buildings

According to the directive, Member States will have to renovate 3% of the total "heated and / or cooled floor space of buildings belonging to and occupied by the central administration" (administrative departments whose responsibilities cover the entire territory of a Member State).

This criterion will apply to buildings "having a total useful floor area" greater than 500 m2 and, from July 2015, to those whose surface area exceeds 250 m2. However, Member States may also use other solutions to achieve equivalent energy savings.

Energy saving plans for energy services

Energy companies covered by the Directive will have to achieve "cumulative end-stage energy savings" by 2020. In order to achieve further savings each year, this target must correspond to at least 1,5%, in volume, of their annual energy sales, from 2014 to 2020, and be calculated on the basis of the last three years before the directive enters into force.

The sale of energy for transport could be excluded and other means to achieve equivalent energy savings will be allowed, provided that equivalence is maintained.

Energy audits

All large companies will have to undergo an energy audit. These audits must start within three years after the entry into force of the directive and be carried out every four years by qualified and approved experts. Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) will not have to meet this requirement.

Funding mechanisms

Special provisions to establish funding mechanisms for energy efficiency measures will be included in the directive. Member States will be required to facilitate the establishment of these mechanisms or to use the existing mechanisms.

** The directive was adopted by 632 votes in favor, 25 votes against and 19 abstentions.

Source: http://www.enerzine.com/15/14412+effica ... enne+.html
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 18/09/12, 21:58

With the speed with which we apply the European directives concerning ecology we are not ... :| :| :|
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/09/12, 09:23

Well the problem with the EU directives is the legal transcription at the national level! Inevitably it takes time.

On the other hand, there are already very interesting ones in place, for example, the one that obliges countries to do and publish their national energy audit!
0 x
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 11/10/12, 11:23

Personally, each time I enter a public building in winter, I take a hell of a heat wave in my face ... I have the impression that they all heat up to 25 ° C the little chilly!

There would be an effective measure, which costs the taxpayer nothing, simple, and applicable without the need for committees, experts, audits ...

=> lock all thermostats on 19 ° C !!!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/10/12, 12:11

+10 and in summer when it is air conditioned it is generally the opposite: you have to take a hell of a cold ...

In winter it heats to 23 °, in summer it cools to 19 ° ... look for the error ... :|
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 11/10/12, 14:57

BobFuck wrote:Personally, each time I enter a public building in winter, I take a hell of a heat wave in my face ... I have the impression that they all heat up to 25 ° C the little chilly!

There would be an effective measure, which costs the taxpayer nothing, simple, and applicable without the need for committees, experts, audits ...

=> lock all thermostats on 19 ° C !!!

And also, in many collective heating condominiums, poorly insulated, of wealthy people (Paris), overheated, with a single thermostat in one place of the condominium, to satisfy the one who is always cold, the others opening their doors wide windows, according to their thyroid hormone levels !!

Local taxes, land and housing, other charges as caretaker, are often 3 to 4 times the heating costs, which does not push to reduce its costs and expenses, at most 10% with 2 times better insulation, very expensive , after a huge battle with the other co-owners, and a lot of work at home and on the poorly designed building !!!

When you have to put an air conditioning in summer in France, it is proof that the design of the building has huge blunders, at least in its roof !!
0 x
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 11/10/12, 16:59

> When you have to put an air conditioning in France in summer, this is proof
> that the building design has huge blunders,
> less in its roof !!

There is no need, a window to the south / west without a sunshade in a well insulated house and without inertia is enough to transform a room into an oven ...

The BBC standard: it's heavy!

My promoter friend ... he builds BBC (among others) ...

Normally they forgot about summer comfort ... poor little civil servants overworked with work, they can not think of everything (it is the slight defect of central planning ...)

It only talks about heating consumption.

And if your project does not look like a standard pavilion, the planning rules are such a mess and subject to the arbitrariness of obtuse officials that it becomes a real obstacle course ... oh well, you want a sunbreaker ? or orient the hut correctly? will have to negotiate hard man ...

result:

- overpriced land that eats the budget which should be dedicated to a well thought out construction: check
- excellent insulation: check
- isolated from the inside, zero inertia: check
- oriented any way: check
- no sunbreaker: check
- standard roof: check

Result, all buyers install air conditioning (reversible therefore subsidized), which is saved on heating is therefore re-wasted in summer.

Almost as beautiful as photovoltaics : Mrgreen:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 11/10/12, 17:23

So, as for heating standards for 60 years of evolution in France, gradually isolating more and more, the BBC is still a huge blunder, which will be corrected by new standards and nonsense !!!

And to think that the air conditioning can be replaced by cool soil in summer which keeps the cold in winter, as I see at home !!
And my air conditioning from 2002 never worked in summer, even by the heat wave in 2003, before receiving lightning, risk underestimated by all of us (air conditioning scam for that matter).

The cavemen did not need A / C in the summer !!

Try to convince that the real solution is the one running at:
www.dlsc.ca

with 2 separate underground heat storages under the parking lots:
a small winter cold serving as air conditioning in summer for a week of heatwave
a bigger summer solar heat for the winter !!

This will be the norm maybe in a century or more ????
With seas more than a meter higher?

The cavemen had it for free at 12 ° C to 15 ° C in their caves !!
0 x
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 11/10/12, 21:19

Hey yes.

I have a 1m50 thick stone wall in my room ... this summer to realize that it was hot, I had to go outside ...

> Try to convince that the real solution is one that works at

This I wrote down for my future hut. It remains to find a cheap way to make so many holes.
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."