Renovation, instalation of firefighting Sprinklers

Help and advice for your real work in new or renovation, interior or exterior.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/09/12, 19:39

Co2 extinguishers, for example, do nothing but act mainly by suffocation, by greatly reducing the oxygen concentration fueling the fire.

In the case of breathing air depleted in oxygen - and in order to avoid the start of a fire - barely a few percent would be enough to prevent it from breaking out ... We must be able to further lower this oxygen level when nobody lives in the house (?)
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 25/09/12, 21:11

it is not stupid at all the blow of the karcher, I have the possibility of finding sprayer nozzles, or in the direction of the nozzles, a nozzle with turbulence chamber, distributed in the rooms.

karcher> fire detector> solenoid valve> nozzle
fire detector> solenoid valve> nozzle
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 25/09/12, 21:33

the flame detectors are ultra select, too hard to get and ultra expensive.

I am not a soldering iron pro, but a scheme like am:

from a smoke detector, mount a relay from the audible signal to start the karcher, and a solenoid valve to select the water circuit.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.

Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/09/12, 21:56

Please note, my remark concerning the depletion of air in oxygen, did not concern misted / sprayed air ... because as already said, water is only suitable for extinguishing certain types of fire, this is not not a universal solution.

But then I think that betting on extinction without making the maximum investment BEFORE (i.e. in prevention) is a mistake in priority and schedule ...

Good preventive measures must absolutely prevent a fire from being able to start. Because best of all, is it not:
- develop a “culture of prevention” yourself and in the family?
- to do everything possible so that there is no chance that a fire could break out?

On the other hand for the misting, it is a little to play with ... the fire ... Only the pros of the field know which solution to apply and in which environment (since everything does not go out with water, bis repetita ), to guarantee maximum efficiency! In addition, it will be noted that the installations with Sprinkler (or similar) are all directly connected to an alarm center (which manages the fire alarm as well as infractions and other intrusions ...). So I would not put my finger on it unless I have big means - to do the right thing - because it is an area that does not suffer from any amateurism. So an improvised solution, I don't believe it at all.

Finally, concerning the Karcher: these are not foolproof tools. I had taken a top-of-the-range model, with aluminum block and metal piping (I have not seen much since ...) however it is very windy and sometimes stops without warning, we must insist on the to start again ... So I would not put my hand in the fire counting on him to save me and the shack with ... : Mrgreen: : Shock: : Cheesy:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Renovation, Instalation of Sprinklers extinction of incen

by dedeleco » 25/09/12, 23:35

antoinet111 wrote:I never had a fire at home, but in my entourage if, and it's not cool ...

antoinet111 is afraid of what type of fire started how ???

smoker's butt, candle lit by children and falling, short electric juice, overheating, boiler catching fire, car catching fire by short battery juice, lightning etc ???

Most often, these are big blunders, easy to avoid with a little common sense!

Even my very strong love at first sight, suffered in 2005, with a hole in the roof, exploded tiles, shriveling and carbonizing a lot of devices, meter in the street, circuit breaker, fridge, air conditioner, electric hob, telephone, etc. n 'would not have set on fire, if the installer had taken care to install fireproof rubbers !!!
But I had flame retardant polystyrene (huge practical difference) sold by my materials seller !!!

Also basic passive prevention is much more effective.

To extinguish a fire in the first minute, a liter of water is enough (after power cut if electric to do before the sprinkler, which otherwise will be useless, on electric fire, for example due to a cover on an electric radiator! and therefore the system must work on rechargeable batteries!! ) well directed on the base of the fire (not easy with fixed sprinkler), as I did after my thunderbolt with a garden hose, without water damage.

If I hadn't done anything, the firefighters 10 minutes later would have had a lot more work.

It is important to avoid nuisance tripping, a simple smoke detector is not reliable enough, because of the price of good detectors with multiple detection.
A spider wandering in the detector is enough to trigger, as I repeatedly observe with infrared anti-theft device, reason for a camera to check and see the spider or the lizard !!
0 x