Water doping on Renault Trafic 2.5l SOFIM

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Paul
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Paul » 01/12/11, 11:08

Yup!!
So here it is:
I ended up putting the steam supply in the mixing chamber in Ø10mm because even in Ø12mm, I had rising water in the reactor.

I made a journey of about 2 x 60 terminals and I noticed a water consumption of a little less than 1 L (finally) but did not notice any particular change in driving, no more flexible.: Cry:
By cons, but I do not know if it is not purely psychological, it seems to me that my slows down and slightly higher. Having no tour account, it's not really sure.

Flytox, you too would have noticed such a change, is the difference obvious?

Voili voilou for now ...
we will see if there is a drop in consumption in a while ...
see you soon,
Pablo,
0 x
With patience, the orchard becomes jam.
Flytox

by Flytox » 01/12/11, 18:58

pablo wrote:I made a journey of about 2 x 60 terminals and I noticed a water consumption of a little less than 1 L (finally) but did not notice any particular change in driving, no more flexible.: Cry:
By cons, but I do not know if it is not purely psychological, it seems to me that my slows down and slightly higher. Having no tour account, it's not really sure.

Flytox, you too would have noticed such a change, is the difference obvious?

The higher idle is not all the time : Shock: :frown: , I don't reproduce when I want! It seems to me that the most glaring moment was on a warm restart. Me neither, without turn account it lacks important info ... When I have more time I will install that. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Paul
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Paul » 13/12/11, 21:47

yep yep yep!
Good follow-up:
I made about 2x300 terminals this weekend, national, no motorway, but high speed lines 110, 120 in desent, result, the truck (4x4 (big consumption)) has significantly more recovery, I even arrive at double!

I didn't necessarily drive like a tender, and I did 100 km more on my full (500 instead of 400).

it must be said that the vortex system no longer had its consumption level efficiency.
therefore, when driving quieter, it should be more obvious. no?

I still wonder if I would not have made too many restrictions on the entry of steam (10mm) in the mixing chamber, but since it is a bit of a mess to dismantle everything, unsolder ... may stay like its some time.

here, what to say more?, to see in the longer term, it seems that the first refills are not significant ....
the problem is that usually, my trips are rather 20, 30 kms ...
but hey, it's on those that I would like to gain in consumption ...

See you soon!
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 13/12/11, 23:02

pablo wrote:
here, what to say more?, to see in the longer term, it seems that the first refills are not significant ....
the problem is that usually my journeys are rather 20, 30 km ...
but hey, it's on those that I would like to gain in consumption ...

See you soon!

On short trips, the engine is too cold for too long .... I'm not sure you will notice a difference :| . On my machine it takes about 15 km and a stop of 5 or 10 minutes then leave to make it work properly ... chai not why :| : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 13/12/11, 23:21

The voices of steam are impenetrable! ! ! : Mrgreen: : Idea:
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
Paul
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Paul » 30/03/12, 16:03

Yep!
Continuation of the adventure ..
So, I mounted a homemade PVC venturi, but I'm afraid of having too much air intake.
how much can I reduce the diameter without affecting suction?
The intake duct measures 6cm in diameter (inside), what is the minimum diameter that I can put (in the venturi) so as not to supply the engine with air?

The venturia I did went up, and I had to lower my speed, I could start in seconds without accelerating !!
No black smoke (which would translate an exé of diesel).

I just want to know if I'm not restricting my admission too much.

Merci!
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 30/03/12, 21:59

For the restriction of the admission, André spoke of a minimum diameter equivalent to that of the admission valve it seems to me.

If you exaggerate, it is near the full pot that it will start to smoke / seriously pollute :|. Beware, a diesel is not expected to be in a big depression like a gasoline near the slowdown, you risk making upwelling of oils by the oil breather. By doing tests a little too clogged with a shutter, I brushed all the interior of the intake manifold with oil ..... On reflection I could have farted everything : Cry: : Mrgreen:

Then I moved the breather pipe to put it upstream of the shutter (ridiculous depression), it is more secure.

You can get an idea / calculate your diameter from the speed of the gases sucked. In a book "Inflating the engines" by Luc Meloua, he speaks of an average speed of the inlet gases of 60 to 100 m / s at full pot at the level of the diameter of the carburetor. Beyond that, the pressure drop becomes substantial and the filling breaks its mouth ...
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

Paul
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Paul » 31/03/12, 12:13

ok,
good, then i will leave it like that, and pi i would see if its influence on my consumption what ...
For the sniff, it is amon the venturia, so no problem.

Thank you!
0 x
ciwil66
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ciwil66 » 17/07/12, 00:35

hi pablo i'm cyril
Are you still in Ariège? I would like to meet you, I would like to do a pantone montage but before that I want to see people who are on it who have a little experience. here if t still in the corner write me see you soon
0 x