Queries from a new one!

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Queries from a new one!

by denis » 11/05/06, 15:20

Hello LAU, me, precisely on the Ford tractor, the famous breather, which smokes the oil vapors in the open air, I captured them with a flexible hose, and brought them to the aspi of the bubbler. The vapors are therefore recycled in the system. :D tailored :!:
on the other hand the more I cogitate for my focus tddi (direct injection, turbo, intercool) the more I doubt: The circuit is long, is the gas cooled in the exchanger, I'm really afraid of finding condensed water !! and have a flop : Cry: see breakage? Everyone recommends the shortest possible route, there it will be around 1m50 with a nice exchanger :!: yet according to André it would be good ... The BM goes before.
very good that a new one asks questions (welcome Pourqoi pas?) we are going to overhaul the whole principle :D
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 11/05/06, 18:01

Hello Lau
Almost all old engines and almost all current piston aircraft engines operate on this principle
The breather is a simple big tube 21mm which descends under the engine, for planes it slightly exceeds under the hood. The tube is cut at a bevel to make a suction at 200mkh. This is where we recognize the pompous oil engines the fuselage is buttered to the tail .. (this greases the rear wheel)
I only fault for a car if you make gravel paths (rather rare in your country and common here in the north) it may be that in certain circumstances of RPM it sucks cyclically by the breather, therefore a possibility of entering sand in dirt roads, but it's minimal,
If you are particular as a certain pilot he puts at the end of the breather an old can of 1 liter of empty oil and collects the oil splashes that avoids cleaning the fuselage, and that protects in the sand tracks.

Hello Denis
What I tested is partially cool at the outlet of the reactor
and a long reactor outlet duct on the order of a meter,
and I have lost nothing of the yield compare a large insulated conduit is at the shortest, on the contrary the small conduit to improve the system, now to cool down this circuit with an intercooler I do not know, but to make a cup of water in the intercooler I have serious doubts, given the velocity of the air current
at this level, it risks making at most a white mist.
When I tested the small ducts, the outside temperature was -15 and more it is certainly colder than the intercooler. The outlet of the reactor arrives in this mass of air which must probably be warmer given the path in the tubing.
When you are driving in a cloud of fog the engine happily eats the cloud and it does not lament! even he likes it.

Andre
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 11/05/06, 23:04

yes it's weird, because on tractors, the sniff is not far from the ground, and dust is eaten on land!

hi denis, since you recycled your vapors in the bubbler, have you noticed a difference in fuel / water consumption or engine behavior?
The bubbler water must be very dirty?
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
Why not ?
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Why not ? » 12/05/06, 10:53

Hello everyone,

It's really great this forum.

Yesterday, my wife wanting to see what it was that this famous "Pantone process" went to see on the net ... But got the wrong spelling ... And discovered this site, which gives us a vision a little different. I'm giving you the address.

http://www.jp-petit.com/ENERGIES_DOUCES ... a_eau1.htm

Otherwise, thank you for all this info. It confirms my intentions, namely: Make a "fork" at the engine outlet to enter directly into the aspi of each of the 4 cylinders of the Golf II Diesel. This "fork" will have the effect of cooling the gases a little (by expansion) and will increase the aspi in the bubbler, and will be well downstream of the arrival of the breather. What has always worried me (the high T ° of the GEET gas that we send directly into the engine), disturbs me less since for you it seems rather an advantage - insurance not to send water in the engine ( If I understood correctly) -.

By cons, I wondered if I will not make the bubbler fiberglass rather than stainless steel. What do you think? I have not seen anyone make such a bubbler ?? Yet for people not equipped with a welding machine, it seems easier to implement.

I also wondered if instead of heating the air admitted into the bubbler, there was no possibility of heating the air leaving the bubbler by making it follow the exhaust duct before entering the reactor. I have the feeling that in this way, we limit the difficulty of suction of the reactor ... Am I wrong?

So much for the state of my reflections.
Good day to you and see you later.
0 x
Well done everyone, let's protect our Earth
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Queries from a new one!

by denis » 12/05/06, 13:02

Hi LAU, for the cons, I can not say the tractor, does not work regularly, and little, I did not even measure all the cons. before and after, since it would not have been reliable! :?
for the bubbler I have not reopened, but even if there is mayonaise c not serious, since it is the vapors which are sucked. Normally nothing solid should remain in the font, and even if it did, it doesn't matter : Cheesy: The goal was purely green.
for dust in your opinion, when we harrow the land in very dry weather to kill the weeds, I can say that it smokes !! (dust). That is why the air filters must be cleaned very often! see it every day.
0 x

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"