House not connected and not connectable (all networks)

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
piedbiche
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

House not connected and not connectable (all networks)

by piedbiche » 17/05/12, 21:25

Hello :P

I am thinking about a project to buy a main house, at the foot of the Pyrenees.
The house is relatively isolated and is not and cannot be connected to the various networks: water, electricity, telephone ...

Before going any further, I think about the different issues and the one that seems to me the most complicated is wastewater management.

In my idea, for toilets: dry toilets
For water, a source passes right next to it so it must be manageable.

Wastewater remains, I was thinking of one thing:
Recover the used water in cans (under the sink, shower ...) and then remains to know where to empty it.
And there I wondered if the idea of ​​making in the garden a raised strip of earth isolated from the ground (plastics?) So as not to pollute the sheets in which I could empty all that for evaporation.
What do you think ? Would it work?
What about the administration, are there controls and can that be a problem?

Otherwise, I am interested if you have ideas that can be carried out without a permit because a priori no modifications allowed!

Thank you for your opinions !
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 17/05/12, 22:11

Hi,
For wastewater, cabinet, a beautiful usual septic tank buried works very well, with spreading on 100m2 far enough from the stream and 50m from the source which fertilizes neighboring plants and trees and which does not pollute at all.
It doesn't need electricity, but does it need water?
rainwater, or stream.

It is often controlled more and more by the municipalities, especially that it does not stink and does not pollute by overload or huge errors.
In the 83, for 30 years, I have used a septic tank without any problem, just Eparcic, no bleach in large quantities, neither too much grease or detergent, nor too many inhabitants for the size of the septic tank (3m3 for 3 to 4, but neighbors not careful enough saw everything clog up and stink the neighborhood thoroughly !!!!).

Controlled, yes in the 83 near the sea, but in the 91, uh !!!
I know in 91, not far from my home, an overloaded septic tank, which stinks with the water flowing below, very close to a water intake on the source of the Lyonnaise des eaux which supplies the water drunk throughout the region !!!!!!
You will never reach this level !!!

Dry toilets are the other solution.

Our excrements, once broken down naturally, like those of dogs, rats, foxes, wild boars, etc ..., like, dead rats and other dead animals, do not pollute more than ordinary soil, so it's good soil for plants.

So with a little common sense, a raised strip of land is not necessary.

The biggest problem is the energy, to see, the LEds consume little, even by turning a simple crank, we can see, 20 minutes for one minute of manual grinding !!!

Oil with a generator is the least ecological and most expensive solution over time.

The sun, the wind, on batteries and the wood on stove with Stirling cogeneration , too, will work if you don't ask for too much.

Finally by pedaling on a bike with a dynamo you have a power of 100 to 200W, enough to recharge a battery to see with LEDs overnight, with pedaling for 10 to 30 minutes.
With 4 to 10W of LEDS you light up your corner and therefore you pedal 20 to 50 times less time than you light up !!!

In fact this exercise is very good for health.

But cabinet wastewater is the least problem, especially in an isolated area.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 17/05/12, 22:26

For me the first question to ask is: "is the house legally habitable?"
That is to say, is the building declared in the cadastre as being an accommodation? if not, is the change of assignment possible? (normally if no connection to networks no ... I know something about it)

Otherwise, sanitation is the simplest "connection" to make, since it suffices to make an all-water tank with the spreading / filtration which is going well.
it costs around 5000 € made by all serious earthworks and approved for this kind of work.
Be careful to do this well in the rules and to respect the administrative procedures (inquire at the town hall) because in case of change of owner the buyer at 1 year to comply if the existing installation has been diagnosed as non-compliant ( and compliance is also mandatory for the change of assignment)
0 x
piedbiche
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by piedbiche » 18/05/12, 07:44

Thank you for your answers :-)

For toilets, actually I was thinking of dry toilets, when I was talking about a strip of earth (or other), isolated from the ground, it was only to evaporate the water from the dishes and the shower, so with soap-type products.

If not, actually, I must already inquire if this house is declared as it should and if it is really habitable as a main house ... this is the part that I fear, they are so complicated in the administration ...

Okay, so I'll start at the beginning.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 18/05/12, 07:56

For wastewater, there is also lagooning:
http://www.villanatura.be/villanatura.html
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 18/05/12, 08:05

For treatment there is this:

The treatment plant is carried out by a filter planted with macrophyte reeds associated with a bed planted with trees.
This innovative and inexpensive maintenance solution is entirely satisfactory.

http://www.le-chatel.com/fr/il4-mairie_ ... ement.aspx

Micro Sewage Treatment Plant and Reed Planted Filters
http://www.klar-environnement.com/

Last night at the concert of Zebda and Massilia Sound System
We must have been between 2000 and 5000.
for men 12 urinals made of canoe barrel with canoe chute and straw bottom.
For ladies: 8 dry cabins.

It has no effect on headache ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 18/05/12, 10:40

In any case, dry toilets are still a viable solution, even by installing a traditional on-site sanitation system. that already has the advantage of saving water and of "relieving" the all-water tank a little.

Not yet having sanitation in our new old house either, it is this solution that we have put in place for our "little corner"
We buy a bundle of wood chips from time to time (those sold as animal litter) and our manure goes on the same pile as that of our horses.
Even my wife is convinced and this principle will remain in place even when the all-water tank is installed.

For the moment, the other used water (sink and shower) is spreading like this freely on the ground ...
We are awaiting authorization to carry out the sanitation installation work.
0 x
piedbiche
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by piedbiche » 18/05/12, 23:18

Thank you for all your answers and solutions!

I will already start by inquiring about the possibilities that the administration will be willing to grant to the future owner of this house ... and if it is positive, it will be time to brainstorm :-)
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 18/05/12, 23:41

On this subject one should not systematically believe what the mayor of the town says ...
He can certainly "block" a project if it does not suit him, but he cannot in any case "unblock" it if it is higher than it gets stuck.
So take the advice of the mayor first, but also think about getting information from other authorities (DDT ex DDE, and property taxes to start ...)
0 x