Travel: home to work journeys (INSEE Statistics)

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 04/04/12, 16:50

With your figures, we get:

The influence of “over 80 km” is even greater: they cover more km than all “under 35 km” combined (which nevertheless represent more than 65% of people).
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 04/04/12, 16:53

Ay I have the graph (reminder: it is by taking the middle of each interval of distance, including for the + of 80km):
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 04/04/12, 16:55

Sorry Gaston, I'm coming after you. In any case it's reassuring to see that we have the same graph :D
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/04/12, 17:05

Forhorse wrote:Your new house is now 20km from your place of work, for taxes you must continue to declare 24km per day and not 40, because this distance is made for personal convenience ...

Ah I didn't know this (I suspected it was something like that ...)!

But how does personal convenience "show"?

The guy who moves further away for less (because he can pay more: separation for example ...): how is it going for him?

This rule is valid "for life"?
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 04/04/12, 18:36

Christophe wrote:
But how does personal convenience "show"?

it doesn't show up, it's automatically considered that way when you move. Unless you prove that it is not for personal convenience (as I explained, that you were forced to leave your accommodation and that nothing was available less or equal distance from your place of work)

Christophe wrote:The guy who moves further away for less (because he can pay more: separation for example ...): how is it going for him?

Well he has it in the bone. It is up to him to arrange for the gain from the move to cover the difference in terms of actual cost declaration between his new and old address.

Christophe wrote:This rule is valid "for life"?

Yes, or until you change jobs, transfer, or your business moves.
On the other hand if you decide to change jobs, even if it is a resignation, and that your new job is further than your old one, you will be able to declare the totality of the new distance (why we can in this sense there but not in the other, it's a tax mystery)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/04/12, 18:47

Ah yes ok Forhorse!

As we are in the dodo work transport, here is a study that should interest a lot:

Cycling, it relates to society ... the car is!

https://www.econologie.com/forums/le-velo-ce ... 11684.html
Last edited by Christophe the 06 / 04 / 12, 09: 07, 1 edited once.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 04/04/12, 19:04

Well after everyone does what they want, but a tax adjustment is really not cool ... must absolutely justify any what you declared during the last 3 years even what has no relation to the subject of the "dispute", and sometimes the supporting documents are difficult to find or to obtain. (my parents experienced this because of a boiler that gave supposedly right to a tax credit)
Personally I avoid playing with the taxman ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/04/12, 19:10

For the "equipment" tax credit, we had made it a subject because it was so frequent "at the beginning" of its implementation: https://www.econologie.com/forums/france-sub ... t5516.html

Finally it was, I think, especially the pros who "sold" the tax credit where it was not applicable (only on the HT gear and not on the MO ... it seems to me) ... I think most out of incompetence ...
Last edited by Christophe the 06 / 04 / 12, 09: 08, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/04/12, 09:07

We still have things to learn across the Atlantic !! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

http://www.terraeco.net/Je-vais-au-boul ... 42954.html

I'm going to work… by plane

Métro-boulot-dodo c'est has been. This is aero-work-dodo. According to a study by New York University on the evolution of commuting between Manhattan and its suburbs, more and more commuters come from far away. No less than 3,3% are super-commuters who live outside the region. Their number increased by 60% between 2002 and 2009. One worker in 8 spends more than 90 minutes in transport to reach Manhattan. Finally, 4000 of them even come by plane to their office, adding tons of CO2 every week to the city's carbon footprint.

http://wagner.nyu.edu/faculty/publicati ... ub_id=1970

http://www.wnyc.org/articles/wnyc-news/ ... ttan-rise/
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."