Sound insulation but not thermal (what material?)

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 31/03/12, 14:08

Look at the harmonics which remain at their frequency without propagating in the whole spectrum of the vibrating strings towards the other harmonics:

Depending on how and where a string is plucked, different harmonics are excited.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 01/04/12, 10:21

You see Bidouille, it doesn't change anything ... Because the harmonics are intrinsic to the reference frequency. They are therefore there completely and not separately ... hahahaha ... well tried but missed!

But we are progressing, because by saying that, we realize that Dedeleco understood that he agreed with the fact that if the bass sounds propagated throughout the spectrum, then the theory he claims would be false! (And it necessarily is, since these harmonics are there in potential and not only potentially)

If Dedelco had developed, like me, gramophone cells for years at the time of 33/45 rpm records and diamond cells, he would know just how wrong he was, simply by studying the impact of "Rumble" on the frequency curves ... he would then know how false what he believes is compared to what is really.

A 5 Hz rumble (apparently inaudible to the human ear) of vinyl turntables, through harmonics, spreads smoothly and surely across the entire sound spectrum, blurring sounds at ALL frequencies ...

Otherwise engineers and manufacturers of audiphile equipment would never have had to design training platters cut from glass, cast iron or cut from marble (a heavy material of high density, insensitive to rumble in a measurable way with regard to the "Mass law")

QED.

Sorry, but there ... we can't see "heavy / light alternation ". We just have an imposing mass which, like your falsified or stuck in fallacies, leaves me ... marble!

bidouille23 wrote:: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

I do not believe : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

it reminds me of tex avery, beep beep and the coyote, we press pause, the coyote takes a cup of tea with beep and when the break is removed zououuu it is off for a frantic race :) (I say bipbip and the coyote without any ulterior motive it is what came to me as an image).

A Tex Avery is worth two ... but not him : Mrgreen: : Cheesy: : Mrgreen: : Cheesy: : Mrgreen: : Cheesy: : Mrgreen: : Cheesy:
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 02/04/12, 12:08

Hello ,

Even if I am not at this level of understanding, I would admit that it seems to me rather sensible that each frequency contains in itself these own harmonics which one cannot dissociate, thus make the isolation of the low frequencies impossible, have can attenuate one but not soundproof ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 02/04/12, 14:22

What a terrible salad by you who have not read, learned or assimilated the basics at all, in all scientific courses of all faculties around the world !!

You mix everything, in your sentences, you did not understand anything about specters, Fourier series, yet well taught in all these courses, of which I put simple links.

A 5 Hz rumble (apparently inaudible to the human ear) of vinyl turntables, through harmonics, spreads smoothly and surely across the entire sound spectrum, blurring sounds at ALL frequencies ...

is very wrong, because without thinking about this false 5Hz happening, in reality, and in the ears !!
It is the same as saying that an elephant's foot that flattens the record player propagates "perfectly and surely throughout the sound spectrum, scrambling sounds at ALL frequencies ..."

Same as saying that hitting a nail with a hammer at 5Hz, propagates "perfectly and surely throughout the sound spectrum, jamming sounds at ALL frequencies ..."

Clearly visible by dropping a stone into the water it propagates "perfectly and surely throughout the sound spectrum, scrambling sounds at ALL frequencies ..."

And all your sentences only show a total misunderstanding of the basic physics of vibrations and waves taught in thousands of faculties around the world, and verified with lots of technical applications that work, thanks to this scientific knowledge, ranging from deaf to thermoacoustics !!

You understand absolutely nothing!

Read, learn instead of stubbornly refusing to learn these courses.
Last edited by dedeleco the 02 / 04 / 12, 15: 23, 1 edited once.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 02/04/12, 14:29

Well, in your opinion, if it does not spread, why the hell would they have fought so hard to eliminate it if it is not in the audible spectrum?

: Mrgreen: : Cheesy: : Mrgreen:

Proof that what you say does not stand up ... Tu say ANYTHING WHEN YOU'RE TORTOUS, as usual. And in addition you have the nerve to argue about it ... You do not lack air ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 02/04/12, 15:21

Obamot wrote:Well, in your opinion, if it does not spread, why the hell would they have fought so hard to eliminate it if it is not in the audible spectrum?

: Mrgreen: : Cheesy: : Mrgreen:

Proof that what you say does not stand up ... Tu say ANYTHING WHEN YOU'RE TORTOUS, as usual. And in addition you have the nerve to argue about it ... You do not lack air ...

More insults, while I ask you to learn and assimilate the low scientists, instead of showing your filthy ignorance by leaving a terrible salad !!

Your 5 Hz comes from where, by mechanism in the old record players, with lots of physical mechanical phenomena and piezo in series, to disturb them, to the point that with progress we have removed all mechanics for a much better sound.

Your 5Hz, why 5, why not 6 or 3 or 7 ????, would not be yet a salad with the 50Hz, which in the transformer and rectified leaves 100Hz, very audible, difficult to filter without very expensive capacitors especially with tube machines ???

Each of your words, show a terrible salad and ignorance.

The low frequency vibrations of the motor and the plate are found on the reading diamond which rubs, like an old door on its hinges, creating lots of high frequency interference noise modulated by these low frequencies, like any friction (well observed in earthquakes, because a diamond in its furrow rubs constantly and generates full of parasitic vibrations, reason to eliminate them with the least pressing force possible).

I stop, because I am going to do a complete course on friction, which you will not deign to read, once again, to continue obstinately to get out of the absurdities of ignorant obstinate obstinate in their ignorance.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 02/04/12, 15:38

Extreme example with earthquakes, however identical to:

Earthquakes are a rumble at 1 in 3,15 billion Hertz (1 per 100 years!) Which spreads perfectly and surely across the entire sound spectrum, blurring the sounds at ALL frequencies thousands of Hz breaking everything !!

Solid friction is very non-linear, blocking, brutal unlocking, which are very annoying in old record players !!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 02/04/12, 19:21

dedeleco wrote:Earthquakes are a Rumble at 1 on 3,15 billion Hertz [...] which propagates perfectly and surely across the entire sound spectrum, blurring sounds at ALL frequencies thousands of Hz breaking everything !!

Need we say more?

Nice, that's exactly what I'm saying, thank you for this great example!

But as you walk on it, it's gigantic ... : Mrgreen:

In details:

dedeleco wrote:Your 5 Hz comes from where

Bearings, engine noises, induction and other electrical phenomena - including at least one that you describe yourself about the rectification of transformers ... - in short, the term Rumble is there as an example ... In fact, it would be better to speak of signal / noise ratio ... But you will not divert us from the bottom of the problem, for which you planted yourself.

dedeleco wrote:Your 5Hz, why 5, why not 6 or 3 or 7?

Yes why not ... It wouldn't change anything main, that of the proof that harmonics do indeed propagate ...

We are talking about "rumble ..." It is measurable even if there is no disc at all on the turntable, since it is the intrinsic noise of the motor, of the electric induction, etc. of the latter. So your friction due to contact with vinyl to blur the tracks, it was well tried, but you can put them where I think : Mrgreen:

Because concerning frequencies, there too you tell us of blah-blah-blah, sincethere is no point in measuring the [i] rumble all alone [/ i], since below 20 Hz you can't hear it ...

Even though the rumble test discs have a reference sound of 1 kHz * burned into the vinyl. And why a 1000 Hz sound to measure the impact of a sound of 5 Hz, 7 Hz or whatever you want ... Well then you are badly barred to explain it to us with your harmonics which would not propagate ... hihihihihihi ....

Nice pirouette to get out of it, but you still got stuck: I'm watching over the grain ...

* According to DIN 45544 standards (1971 and following). Measuring method according to DIN 45539.
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 02/04/12, 19:24

Look, I'm going to do non-thermal insulation and no background noise
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...