How to optimize the heat circulation of the house

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Porion64
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

How to optimize the heat circulation of the house

by Porion64 » 13/03/12, 16:42

Hello everybody

I discovered some time ago this good site where I come regularly to read the various post that are put there.
I now go to the other side by posting my subject 1er.

I will soon begin the construction of a wooden frame house in the 64.
The house, on the ground floor, is divided into three parts.
An 1ère central part (around 50m²) including the living room and the dining room and 2 other parts (35m² each) of each side of the 1ère, including the parts nights and the kitchen.
The central part has a void on stay (or stay cathedral) of a height of 5mètres on the totality of the surface and the 2 other parts are in top loss lost.

I intend to heat the house with a pellet stove 9KW that will be installed in the central part and I opted for a VMC Hygrorérable.

My problem :

How to prevent the heat stagnates in the central part especially under the crawling roofs and it is redirected to the 2 parties nights on each side.
In many post, we advise the VMC double flow, is this really the '' best '' solution?

Thanks in advance for your comments
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/03/12, 19:00

the vmc double flow is only ventilation ... the flow sufficient to ventilate is completely insufficient to transport heat in sufficient quantity for heating

do not be fooled by pairing vmc double fux puit canadian who suggest that we can mix the function

the vmc circulates the air to the outside ... just to bring fresh air, minimum flow

to transport heat it is necessary to have a large flow entirely in closed circuit inside
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 13/03/12, 20:49

With a heat exchanger on inserts, and air circulators strong enough, I warm 2 houses (77, 160m2 and 83 less large) older, less well insulated (concrete blocks), than wood, without problems by circulation of hot air in ducts to the different rooms.
It requires a good airflow, more than a VMC, but no problem if the flow is adjusted to the temperature of the circulating air.

For me, it's as good as the central heating (that I have in the 91), much longer to give a feeling of warmth, when one arrives in a cold secondary house (less than hot air hour and walls still cold, against 1 at 2 days cold air as long as the walls are cold).

So on a stove with heat exchanger for circulation of hot air to rooms by ducts, and circulator not noisy, it is very nice, this type of heating.
The return is done in the house, via leaks under the doors with a game adapted to their base, easily and the circuit does not necessarily need to be closed ..
0 x
Porion64
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Porion64 » 15/03/12, 11:01

Thank you for your answers, so I'm going to go to a heat exchanger.
Are models recommended or to be avoided?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 15/03/12, 20:47

Pay attention to noise, so circulator quite oversized and slow and mounted on rubbers.
Mount the circulator before the exchanger of the stove or insert, to avoid overheating the engine and above all to avoid any risk of CO due to the overpressure of the air pushed into the exchanger with respect to the fireplace, even if there is a slight crack.

This is very common on inserts, and to ask on a stove of suitable power.

Be careful not to have a stove overpowered, to see for 120m2 well insulated wood, if 9KW is not too much especially for the mini 3KW in mild weather ??????????

Having a thermostat away from the stove is useful.
0 x