Need insulation for advice for my future work

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 14/03/12, 15:48

: Mrgreen: me little Breton head of ... : Mrgreen: breton

well when we realize 1) we cry, 2) we wonder what to do another liver 3) we often do nothing :) because it costs bomb but we tell ourselves that it is beautiful and we close our eyes, we are left for an expensive lesson paid.
And we take the time to think before acting, suddenly we have not lost everything (the gain is at the level of learning but it is still as cold :) ).
When aesthetics takes precedence over technique and logic gets depressed :)

Otherwise well ??? good question i will take the time to think about it :)
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 14/03/12, 15:57

It is sure that the one who would be asked the question afterwards, to know what would be the volume of air space to be filled for a good insulation coefficient (which can go up to several thousand liters depending on the length and the height of the wall ...) bein certainly, at the price that all that would have already cost him he would probably do more ... nothing : Mrgreen: : Cheesy:

But since we are not cows, we will not ask the question : Lol:
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 14/03/12, 21:41

re,

I thought (yes it happens to me :) ) to your story of installation has brick partition, for my part I think that I would take the following option:

exit the bay, or door etc, and fill the void with styrodur-type panels, see making a panel showing the sides of the part removed to make a replacement as tight as possible.
As for the double partitions against the walls, it all depends, if the concrete block construction, you pour everything and you save space and you redo an external insulation. if not, at the simplest but not more effective far from the oualala you blow up the top of the walls and you insert insulators in a wood wool-type plate density 50 kg / m², and you go up the top of the wall in plaster lining (I have already made me ashamed but as who would say we are dependent on the payers so the final decision does not belong to us;), as long as the advice is given fully and understood, the choice is made with full knowledge of the facts).

Personally I like the sliding door but put on the wall not a brick partition, at least if you have a problem you can intervene without worry, and no problem of lack of insulation;).

Misconceptions are hard to change how many think that concrete is better than wood :) , that it is more durable etc, with us the ideas change slowly but there are always those who know better than the others even (especially) when they are not in the game as they said :) .

Fortunately here the air space only very rarely exceeds 5 to 7 cm, unfortunately when the choice of the filled is made there is only 5 to 7 cm of insulation :| .

I like to be a cow :) , I like to say things even if it gets angry, I am absolutely not embarrassed to say that a concrete block construction is shit at all levels and when in addition it is stuffed with glass wool in general I am not tender, i am not paying or am not there to give advice that suits or to give good conscience.
. If you ask me I say everything, if you don't ask me it's me who asks why this choice :) , well sometimes you have to put the shapes so that the pill passes, I remember the face of a friend who bought something in concrete block I gave him the total without remorse or concession, at the end he got me say "basically you say my house is shit" I told him "well not far but notice you will only have 70 to 80 years if the plaster is well maintained after we will talk more :) ". And to say that we have half-timbered houses which are more than 150 years old in the center and it does not tilt :) .

We're not here to pass the cream anyway that's how I see it :) .

if it's shit it's shit if it's good it's good.

: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: I am Breton and a little head of C ... N but proud of it
0 x
Plop
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Plop » 14/03/12, 22:11

Re!

Here I use the little hygrothermal balance sheet document.
With my original wall I have an R = 0.47 : Shock:
And logically I would isolate with 15 cm of cellulose and the R would be 4.42 which is much better : Mrgreen:
But I still have a question, in many discussions it is advisable to make boxes with a maximum height of 3m to avoid compaction, for cotton wool blown at the right density does not settle over time, does it?
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 14/03/12, 23:07

Uh ... Good evening, and it would be to put it where this cotton wool? Not well understood there.

For the rest, in principle, the recommended amount takes account of the settlement (you just have to comply with the standards) and if settlement there was nevertheless ... point di pwoblem because the small volume of air that remains hardly circulates, and it itself serves as an insulator except for cracks ... but there shouldn't be any, since that's also why we "Cloisonne"). Finally, if there was any it is recoverable, a small blow of inflator with polyurethane foam is enough to "pack" for the rest of the life of the construction ... As a counterexample: the mineral wool sold about fifty years ago as a “very durable material” and indestructible by its nature (rock wool or glass), is strongly disaggregated over time (loss of thickness, adhesion and consistency, since '' it tears to the touch when you barely touch it ...) and therefore no longer fulfills its role in the long term ...

For the rest, I let the b23 Breton answer.

bidouille23 wrote:re,

I thought (yes it happens to me :) ) to your story of installation has brick partition, for my part I think that I would take the following option:

exit the bay, or door etc, and fill the void with styrodur-like panels,

Well then in this case, the brick partition is no longer useful : Mrgreen: than to protect the insulation: protection is expensive and it does not solve the bridges of cold => hence Breton rebelotte (I must be a native Breton ascendant helveticus, hahahahaha ....)

bidouille23 wrote:see a panel showing the sides of the part removed to make a more just replacement.

Not everything "understood", but sometimes it takes me a while; =) mebon, similar reasoning ...

bidouille23 wrote:As for the double partitions against the walls, it all depends, if the concrete block construction, you pour everything and you gain space and you redo an external insulation.

Perfectly, but in the case of this thread, the double partition does not yet exist (let's pray ...) so no reason to "fart" it (except symbolically of course;))

bidouille23 wrote:if not, at the simplest but not more effective far from the oualala you blow up the top of the walls and you insert insulators in a wood wool type plate density 50 kg / m², and you go up the top of the wall in plasterboard lining (I have already made me ashamed but as who would say we are dependent on the payers so the final decision does not belong to us;), as long as the advice is given fully and understood, the choice is made with full knowledge of the facts). Personally I like the sliding door but put on a wall not a brick wall, at least if you have a problem you can intervene without worry, and no problem of lack of insulation;).

Here ... will still give good ideas justifying the installation of a double partition, you then ... hihihih ... This is the second debré (Michel, the guard of fools ... : Mrgreen: not the other), I guess ... : Mrgreen:

bidouille23 wrote:Misconceptions are hard to change how many think that concrete is better than wood :) , that it is more durable etc, with us the ideas change slowly but there are always those who know better than the others even (especially) when they are not in the game as they said :) .

There, it's not complicated, I balance them "Law of Mass»And it’s quickly settled, and I think about it (thank you) I would add a contractual clause to it, the kind which would stipulate that the customer who would ignore our advice, would de facto pass as "project manager", and would also de facto take full responsibility for the unilateral decisions it would take, without it being able - in any case and in any way - to turn the situation to its advantage by making it a reason for breach of contract ... So not only does he pay for everything, to the end, but he is the one who takes responsibility for decisions that would exceed his qualifications, which is the least of things (I am going to use it again, that one. ..)

bidouille23 wrote:Fortunately here the air space only very rarely exceeds 5 to 7 cm, unfortunately when the choice of the filled is made there is only 5 to 7 cm of insulation :| .

And re-re-belotte ...

bidouille23 wrote:I like to be a cow :) , I like to say things even if it gets angry, I am absolutely not embarrassed to say that a concrete block construction is shit at all levels and when in addition it is stuffed with glass wool in general I am not tender, i am not paying or am not there to give advice that suits or to give good conscience.
. If you ask me I say everything, if you don't ask me it's me who asks why this choice :) , well sometimes you have to put the shapes so that the pill passes, I remember the face of a friend who bought something in concrete block I gave him the total without remorse or concession, at the end he got me say "basically you say my house is shit" I told him "well not far but notice you will only have 70 to 80 years if the plaster is well maintained after we will talk more :) ". And to say that we have half-timbered houses which are more than 150 years old in the center and it does not tilt :) .

Need what it takes : Mrgreen: me too but it cost me dearly, yet I had put the forms, but my embarrassment was very, uh ... how to say ... "marked" ...

bidouille23 wrote:We're not here to pass the cream anyway that's how I see it :) .

if it's shit it's shit if it's good it's good.

Yes, well the same, I don't give a damn about everything, as long as I have my conscience for myself, at least I sleep peacefully!

bidouille23 wrote: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: I am Breton and a little head of C ... N but proud of it
: Mrgreen: : Cheesy:

ahahah .... i must be the same.
Last edited by Obamot the 15 / 03 / 12, 07: 02, 1 edited once.
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 15/03/12, 00:06

: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

for the inflator no need for foam, a machine knockout hole with cotton wool and zouuu.

for agalandage you understood everything like me :) that I understood like you, in short must from the start not pause :)

for the panel it is the same thing, but another form to stop the agalandage, therefore not serious if not understood.

For the double partition I did not say that to fart it I said that for the reader who would pass;), to fart it I would say that we call wood any vegetable having a subero phellodermic seat, : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: you saw the nuance;)

"Here ... will still give good ideas justifying the installation of a double partition, you then ... hihihih ... It's second debré (Michel, the guard of fools ... Mr. Green not there 'other), I guess ... Mr. Green "

nasty myself nasty

"There, it is not complicated, I balance them the" Law of mass "and it is quickly settled, and I think about it (thank you to you) I would add a contractual clause, of the kind which would stipulate that the client who would override our advice, would pass de facto as "prime contractor", and would also take de facto all responsibility for the unilateral decisions that he would take, without his being able - in any case and to no way - turn the situation to his advantage by making it a reason for breach of contract ... So not only does he pay everything, until the end, but it is he who takes responsibility for decisions that would exceed his qualifications , which is the least of things (I'm going to serve it again, that one ...)
"

you're a pervert but I really like
: Mrgreen:

"And re-belotte ..."

re naughty myself naughty

"You need what it takes Mr. Green me too but it cost me dearly, yet I had put the forms, but my embarrassment was very, uh ... how to say ..." marked ".. .
"me no embara like that it costs very little but it brings nothing
: Mrgreen: so I'm still so poor

: Cheesy: but I sleep at least :P
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 15/03/12, 05:33

Honestly I calmed down, not pervert, but poet and caaaaalme .... : Mrgreen:

We said everything there, right? .......... Ôoooooooooomhhhh ...........!

bidouille23 wrote:for the inflator no need for foam, a machine knockout hole with cotton wool and zouuu.

This is the difference between the 'little guys on the ground' and those who never leave the office ...

(ok jyvé, jyvé ... -> [])

bidouille23 wrote:naughty myself naughty [...] to fart me I would say that we call wood any plant with a subero-phellodermic base, : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: you saw the nuance;)

When the Air Soul joins the cry of the boa and the roar of the circular saw, isn't that the call of the forest :?: [...] : Mrgreen: : Cheesy:
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 15/03/12, 14:38

chick or poet each has their own screech :)

: Mrgreen:

or i think we said everything but more : Mrgreen:

come out of your office, get some fresh air from the construction site;)
0 x