Winding 6V to 12V on XT 500?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Flytox

by Flytox » 25/01/12, 20:19

Citrus
For the ref of the Zener I have to dismantle (wait for this Week End)
It is very simple as mounting, if I remember correctly, the body is screwed directly on the mass and the outgoing wire goes to the +. Nothing else !

For chatelot 16
I do not know the intensity or the power that it can pass but for a Pigeot 103 (typed elsewhere) it does not burn for x years ... (well I do not roll masses at night : Mrgreen: )

It looks like this:

0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/01/12, 20:33

in this type of case and screwed onto a piece that makes a radiator it can dissipate several dozen watts without laughing

but this kind of big zener is difficult to find today ... that's why the small zener and the big transistor is a solution

thank you for the address where there are interesting things
http://www.la-becanerie.com/cyclo/elect ... nsion.html

the regulator that you show us is not a zener: do not use on direct or rectified current: it is a regulator for alternating: it does not heat like a zener: it completely short circuits the end of alternating cycle
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 25/01/12, 22:37

Indeed the model of the becanerie is no longer the same as on the, mob at Flytox. On a magnetic mob wheel it has substantially the same effect. The Flytox one is easily found on all the old 88,41,49 and other 70 80 motobecane. It is screwed on the lower front triple clamp or under the right casing next to the HT coil. 'epoque..Elle ecrete à 6volts.
On the models with indicators and stop lights there was one at 6 volts for the headlight and one at 1 for the turn signals and the rear stop ... but these are pieces of museum at the moment ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Flytox

by Flytox » 02/02/12, 23:22

citro wrote:
Flytox wrote:For this kind of problem of blasting the bulbs at each overspeed, at Pigeot they sell you a Zener Diode of power which clips at 6 or 12 V, you never burn your bastringue again : Mrgreen:
Hello Flytox, this may interest me, you have a reference. :?:
@+

I dismounted to go see the Zener which was completely covered with sludge and it attacked the reference which is completely unreadable :frown:

You have several models approaching on this site.

http://www.lesolex.com/recherche_catalo ... ge&letype=

Looking on the net, there are 6, 9, 10, 12, 14 volts etc. following the MBéKa Pigeot cyclos etc ..., unfortunately the power is not marked every time ... :frown:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 03/02/12, 09:51

:? In fact I came to pollute the subject because I have a lighting problem on my scooter due to the DC / DC converter which rather delivers 9V to the bulb.
The problem would come from the square signal coming out of the converter.
Some would have improved the lighting by putting a capacitor in parallel with the headlight bulb and a diode on the power supply of the headlight to protect, in case ...

Another solution, with the zener you offer, would be to use the lighthouse's power supply to control a relay which would power the lighthouse directly powered (protected by a 12 or 14V Zener) by the scooter's batteries at 18V nominal, but in over 21V when fully charged
(and 24 to 25V if I convert it to lithium, as can do so well Dirk Pitt : Mrgreen: ).

What do you think. :?:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 03/02/12, 09:55

If you mount it in lithium pass it into a 24 volt bulb of trucks or 4x4 ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 03/02/12, 11:01

@citro,

the mod on scootelec with condo and non-return diode works very well but I do not recommend it too much because I think that the power drawn becomes a little too strong. (or you have to lower the value of the condo). I think I am melting the famous internal connector of the ECU, many of which have already complained. After several months of use, I now have drops in brightness which I attribute to the beginning of false contacts on this cenector (it will be necessary to dismount to be sure)
the alternative manipulation on the scootelec (but we are a bit HS) would actually be a relay and a power supply on the 18V but it will require a converter.
0 x
Click my signature
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 03/02/12, 11:19

dirk pitt wrote:... the alternative manipulation on the scootelec (but we are a bit HS) would actually be a relay and a power supply on the 18V but it will require a converter.
Thank you dirk, it is precisely the addition of a converter that I wanted to avoid ... :|[End of HS]
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 03/02/12, 12:09

Attention a zener is not a voltage converter

it can be used for regulation provided that you are on a limited current power source: which is the case of a magnetic flywheel: the zener regulates by wasting the current it takes to limit the voltage ... ca would be very stupid on battery ... it is not already very clever with an engine, it was just acceptable at a time for simplicity
0 x

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"