Warming: flowers on an apple tree in summer, 30 August !!

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
FPLM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by FPLM » 06/01/12, 13:01

@ Obamot: Pretty! : Lol:
---------------------
The observation is identical everywhere, we have passed the state of urgent correction. We will have to deal with the consequences now. As one must have known, the man has not evolved and is still waiting for the point of no return.
Speaking of apple trees, an arborist friend told me of his desperate observation:
We talk about the climate and I tell him that despite everything, thanks to that, he had a lot of apples. He tells me that all the arborists have had a lot of apples and that they all have a bad dog to sell them and that suddenly the prices are ridiculously low.
He adds that the apple trees usually giving 1 year on 2, which his family have all given this year, he already dreads next year ...
This is just one of many examples of what is already waiting for us this year. However, the news will be too full of tsunamis, tornadoes, famines, wars, etc. so that the more insidious consequences are visible.
0 x
"If you are not careful, the newspapers will eventually make you hate the oppressed and the oppressors worship. "
Malcolm X
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 06/01/12, 15:29

1 year on 2

typical fruit trees poorly controlled or regulated like some of mine, by not removing some of the fruits of departure (too much labor required or patience).

We do not eat enough fruit with the junk food that disables children, with tastes of junk food sweet and fat !!
0 x
FPLM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by FPLM » 06/01/12, 18:30

A biannual fructification is not a disturbance, it is the biological clock of some fruit trees that is thus made. If you manage to grow a biannual every year, you will exhaust your tree so much that it will quickly fall ill and die young.
The fruits that are picked or not are intended to fall at the foot of the tree if they are not eaten before. Their picking will not influence his reproductive process since the only information he has is when and how much fruit he has created.
That said, I agree with you about the importance of fruits on our nutrition.
Do you know that it is the Balkan bears that have selected the best wild apple trees. They would have led the evolution of apple trees by eating the apples that liked the most (sweet) and planted the seeds in their excrement while they left the worst without this fertilization. Over time, it's the genetic makeup of bears-worshiped apples that has emerged. The strategy of cooperation is extremely effective.
0 x
"If you are not careful, the newspapers will eventually make you hate the oppressed and the oppressors worship. "

Malcolm X
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 07/01/12, 10:13

fplm, I allow myself 2 remarks,
In Set V they say that it is in Kazakhstan (not in the Balkans), on the borders of China, that the ancestors of our cultivated apple trees would come. That said, I did not check the information.

For arborists, yes, they have more or less apples depending on the year but they know how to provide the necessary elements for apple trees to produce each year. Indeed, if we let a tree grow, one year it produces and exhausts the resources of the earth, the following year the reserves are redone.

Depreciation, productivity, everything is so calculated to the point that they would go bankrupt if only one year they did not produce apples
0 x