For or against the social VAT?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 03/01/12, 14:13

manet42 wrote:Why not a low VAT on domestic energy [...]?

Energies must be taxed heavily to encourage moderation.
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 03/01/12, 14:40

Energies must be taxed heavily to encourage moderation

Yes, but not for modest families!
I go to an overheated gymnasium (in my opinion) ... there, yes surcharge ... on the compensation of the mayor and his sports assistant :P
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 03/01/12, 15:50

indy49 wrote:
manet42 wrote:Why not a low VAT on domestic energy [...]?

Energies must be taxed heavily to encourage moderation.

+1

taxing energies not only makes wasteful people pay, but above all increases the profitability of ecological energy!

reducing social charges also increases the profitability of ecological energy, which requires more manpower than buying oil
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 03/01/12, 17:35

Regarding ecological taxes, there is enough to do.
In addition to the tax on non-renewable energy.
A tax on disposable products. There was a test which turned into a wet firecracker following complaints from the manufacturers filling the bins and certain workers who also want to participate in the ambient pollution.

It is not only the rich who pollute even, if having more means, brought back to an individual it is largely more but brought back to the number it is less.
I live in an HLM residence and despite the regular maintenance, there are always plastic papers, various packaging (Macdo in mind), bottles. Not to mention the local bin where sorting is good for others. By adding to it the staff who clean the common areas, he throws the tons of leaflets in the household waste. This despite several remarks and letters to those responsible.
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 03/01/12, 18:06

phil53 wrote:I live in an HLM residence and despite the regular maintenance, there are always plastic papers, various packaging (Macdo in mind), bottles. Not to mention the local bin where sorting is good for others. By adding to it the staff who clean the common areas, he throws the tons of leaflets in the household waste. This despite several remarks and letters to those responsible.

Not to mention the windows opened in winter because it is too hot ... thanks to the common heating ...
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/01/12, 18:14

phil and indy, we deviate a little there ...

To refocus:

Did67 wrote:- there will therefore necessarily be adjustments: civil servants or the self-employed or retirees (for example) will pay the additional VAT but will not benefit from the reduced charges ...

I do not understand very well ? What do you mean ? That a civil servant or a self-employed person does not contribute in terms of social security contributions or employer contributions ????

VAT affects ... everyone ... even the dead!

Like I said a few weeks ago, VAT, we all started paying for it, through our parents, in our mother's sale: 1st diapers, fees for ultrasound or other exams, carrycot, cradle ... etc etc ...

Conversely, I do not believe that our future coffin is exempt from VAT, ditto for tombstone or cremation and may even be the concession to the cemetery !!

See or review this topic about the "correctness" of VAT: https://www.econologie.com/forums/la-tva-une ... 10147.html
0 x