Belgium: roll the tax-free oil !!

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
vttdechaine
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vttdechaine » 22/04/06, 19:33

former oceanic wrote:8) My bike passes Euro 25! 8)

And still 17,5 km today (28 yesterday) to go to work in town outside my agency : Mrgreen:

62 km in one week of work in HPV and VP Thermal.

What about HBV? In MIAM salads!

99 km today but by road bike ...

I come back a little to what Prof. said Indeed, the work carried out by individuals probably does not have the quality or the professionalism of an engine manufacturer.
But if that is enough, why should it be reprehensible and should we go further?
In the past, many innovations have come from individuals who worked at home (hold the first oto and De Dion engines ...). These works were then largely sufficient to propel a car of the time to the rhythm of the time.
If we need a "50" efficiency why absolutely want to do "80"?
0 x
Marty
professeur31
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by professeur31 » 22/04/06, 20:52

vttdechaine wrote:
former oceanic wrote:8) My bike passes Euro 25! 8)

And still 17,5 km today (28 yesterday) to go to work in town outside my agency : Mrgreen:

62 km in one week of work in HPV and VP Thermal.

What about HBV? In MIAM salads!

99 km today but by road bike ...

I come back a little to what Prof. said Indeed, the work carried out by individuals probably does not have the quality or the professionalism of an engine manufacturer.
But if that is enough, why should it be reprehensible and should we go further?
In the past, many innovations have come from individuals who worked at home (hold the first oto and De Dion engines ...). These works were then largely sufficient to propel a car of the time to the rhythm of the time.
If we need a "50" efficiency why absolutely want to do "80"?

Yes certainly, this was true for the time!
Unfortunately it is no longer too possible today.
You are right for 50 and 80 but the problem is not so much there.
The engines are more and more pointed and tolerate less and less different fuels from that provided by the manufacturer.
These are colossal technical and financial means that would be necessary to carry out modifications ensuring operational safety, pollution control, driving pleasure equal to those of the manufacturer.
Mission impossible in my opinion without real will from industry and public authorities.
Another important point is the real desire of all consumers to want to move towards other fuels that are cleaner than those from fossil fuels.
I think we are the last straw in the ocean.
This drop of water which would like to change things for the better but which fights unarmed in the face of this human ocean which dreams only of innovations for its daily well being without really perceiving the consequences of its action.
More concretely; even if the fuel becomes too expensive and provokes an outcry, the public authorities would easily cope by making a gesture on taxes or other; the bellows would fall quickly in my opinion.
Too bad, but that's unfortunately how I see the situation.

See you soon.

Prof.
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 22/04/06, 22:57

Professor31 wrote: even if the fuel becomes too expensive and provokes an outcry, the public authorities would easily cope by making a gesture on taxes or other; the bellows would fall quickly in my opinion.

Before seeing the taxes drop we can expect serious troubles, just look with the childcare center which AMHA is of less importance.
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
vttdechaine
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vttdechaine » 23/04/06, 23:24

These are colossal technical and financial means that would be necessary to carry out modifications ensuring operational safety, pollution control, driving pleasure equal to those of the manufacturer.

Absolutely, if we want to do as well as the manufacturers, we must have the same means as them.
The examples I gave were only examples the purpose of which was to illustrate the 50-80 compromise.
In fact, at the end of the day, the user "made by him-self" would not be happy enough with his modification even if the approval is perhaps less interesting.
In summary, to drive with 80% oil, I myself would be ready for some constraints on the approval and use. I would then be at level 50 which suits me in terms of my desire to ride differently.
A manufacturer could indeed offer a level "80" easier to use but I do not want to wait for their hypothetical common sense.
I understand your vision of "pro": you probably prefer the "very well done" (I have the same problem with the bike!).
cordially
0 x
Marty