Recovering heat from the shower: a distinguished French

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Recovering heat from the shower: a distinguished French

by elephant » 28/11/11, 15:20

Original idea still a little expensive:

recover the heat of the waste water from the shower using an exchanger to preheat the cold water which arrives at the bath heater.

the "double flow CMV" of the sanitary.

should be profitable in professional use.
In private use, I doubt it: very expensive.

http://www.ehtech.fr/?q=principe

http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2011/11 ... haude.html

(...)

What does this project consist of?

It is a device that captures the heat of the water discharged during our shower and is used to preheat the cold water supplied to the water heater. This cuts energy consumption by four. To give an idea, with each shower, you lose as much energy as if you opened a window in the middle of winter for an hour. With this recovery process, the used water leaves at a temperature of 38 degrees and there is 34 water in the exchanger, so almost nothing is lost.

How did this idea come to you?

By watching a program on the insulation of certain houses. We were talking about the double flow VMC, a system that uses the heat present in the home to heat the incoming fresh air. We had the idea of ​​applying this system to water. Handicrafts have already existed since the XNUMXs, but they were not sufficiently viable ecologically and economically. Through hard work, our team managed to make the project viable.

What does the product look like?

It is a box of ten kilos and the size of a shoebox. It is a very compact recuperator, which can be added to an already existing system.

When will ecoRC be available?

Since the end of January, we have been selling it via our website at a price of 1 euros for a recuperator that cuts energy consumption by four. For the moment, our customers are self-builders. It is only a niche, but it allowed us to have feedback on the product and to deepen uses that we had not thought of. In total, the team and its 100 partners have invested 10 euros in research and development. Today, the ecoRC is entering its commercialization phase, which is why we are looking for partners.

(...)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AXEAU » 28/11/11, 21:14

Hi,

Sometimes I want to be rude, it looks like a money pump:
Big schools, big budget, big team and big price of the shoebox which is nothing new.

jlg
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/11/11, 21:54

I'm never unpleasant, is it ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: but do not push granny into the nettles !!

The concept had already been studied extensively by Canadians: https://www.econologie.com/telechargeme ... -ou-usees/ in 2007 ... (and probably before by others ...) so 120 000 € of R&D ... should perhaps not give a damn about the world ...

We talked about it several times on these forums:
plumbing-and-health / recovery-of-calories-lost-al-sewer-t3674.html

heat-recovery-of-the-shower-t11302.html
plumbing-and-health / recovery-of-calories-from-the-shower-t6546.html

The Canadian thing was worth around € 300 if I remember correctly and was already difficult to make profitable ... then at € 1100 ...

Yes it can only be interesting economically for large volumes consumed! For swimming pools it should do it ... remains to see the maintenance of the fouling of the exchanger ...

I "like" this passage from the interview ...

How did this idea come to you?

By watching a program on the insulation of certain houses. We were talking about the double flow VMC, a system that uses the heat present in the home to heat the incoming fresh air. We had the idea of ​​applying this system to water. Handicrafts have already existed since the XNUMXs, but they were not sufficiently viable ecologically and economically. Through hard work, our team managed to make the project viable.

... because a system at 1000 € instead of 2 or 300 € is more economically viable? : Idea: :?:

I find it difficult to grasp the idea ... well there is surely more in their "double flow" case than a beast exchanger ... I hope at least!
0 x