Which diameter supply pipe stove boiler: in PER?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
matt988
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Which diameter supply pipe stove boiler: in PER?

by matt988 » 15/11/11, 21:57

Hello everybody

I'm trying to find out what the diameter of the feed pipe for a jamming stove should be?

Can we use PER?

PER BAO?

If not, what type of pipe?

Thanks for your help
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/11/11, 11:12

For the diameter, follow the recommendations ... in the manual and ideally estimate the pressure drops ...

16mm PER is suitable in most cases (hydraulic power is still limited).

Yes you can feed it with PER which holds 120 ° C (it seems to me). Put maybe a few tens of cm of copper "for safety" in the event of a problem (power failure) so as not to have a "flood" (withstand T ° by conduction of the 1st PER connection which would overheat?)

I used it in my case on a deom hot water stove, here is the plan and photos: https://www.econologie.com/forums/chaudiere- ... t4589.html

0 x
matt988
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by matt988 » 21/11/11, 18:09

Thank you for your answer.

I know that the normal PER is 80 ° C so not enough for a boiler stove which in case of power failure can go up to 100 ° C !!!

How high can PER BAO go?

Thank you
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/11/11, 18:49

Well you make me doubt ...

On mine which is BAO, I just checked, there is max 95 ° C marked, so mea culpa! 120 ° C is what my plumber told me who gave me the PER, as he tells no bullshit, I guess 120 ° C is valid in a short time ... and 95 ° C over long periods ...

Here is what noted verbatim (among other incomprehensible numbers):

max 95 ° C 5/10 bars,
sauerstoffdicht 70 ° C / 1 Mpa
PF-XC DIN 16892/93
16 x 2.2 mm

I presume that this pipe is therefore guaranteed anti-oxygen barrier up to 70 ° C / 1 Mpa = 10 bars ... but not beyond ... to be confirmed?

To be sure, therefore, refer to the cited DIN standard.

Otherwise I overheated the stove several times because I forgot to turn on the regulator (once it was clearly boiling in the stove) and the PER held off without any problem when the circulator was started ...

The only time there was a power failure when the stove was on, I had to stop the combustion by putting a jump of water on it ... no choice ...

Normally you have to put a thermo-hydraulic safety probe. I have one at home, see subject cited above. But it engages the general safety group when it engages therefore problem because I have no connection to the sewer ... so I no longer use it ...
0 x