Quality of recovered water

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Quality of recovered water

by clasou » 13/11/11, 09:45

Hello, a question can be very silly.
The idea concerns,
Water contained in wood, in soil after a rain, and in seawater.

After a big thunderstorm in summer, I said to myself, seeing the speed at which the soil in the garden dried up, that it was a shame all this water that fell on the lawn, and which will go back to where it comes from. part infiltrates).
So I had made a small assembly with plastic film which was placed on the ground at 10 cm and a small slope, which made that the condensation of the water on the plastic was recovered.

The idea, although not realized until now, is the same for wood, with a suitable solar oven, knowing that a cubic meter of fresh oak weighs around 950 kg and 500 kg dry.
Ditto for sea water.
But this water would be 'drinkable (and without danger of course), or would need' another solar concentration system to boil it and condense it.
a + claude
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/11/11, 10:25

the easiest way is to collect rainwater before it gets dirty by falling to the ground

when drying wood, it is important not to heat too much to speed up the drying, otherwise the wood emits a pile of chemical

without heating the drying will be too slow to make an interesting water flow

by heating it therefore makes volatile product not easy to separate by simple distillation: it is necessary to add chemical reagents to mineralize these impurities and make them non-volatile

you can therefore also provide a solar lime kiln to calcine limestone
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 13/11/11, 10:42

Thanks for the answers,
What do you mean by not overheating, the idea is to go on a solar dryer, with a reflector to increase or decrease the heat.
So maybe to reach 60 or even 80 degrees, or less if necessary.
Well basically, it's not for drinking it, it's for the garden, although I already have what it takes for a recuperator.
But in terms of drinking water, it's because the other time I saw a report on a plant in Australia, for desalination by reverse osmosis, which will consume the energy of a town of 120 inhabitants. .
And thinking of the salt marsh, I asked myself, will it not be possible to do the same by improving evaporation, for the countries of the south.
Of course, the yield would be less, but it is better to 1 liter of water than not at all.
a + claude
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/11/11, 11:29

reverse osmosis consumes less energy than distillation

of course the distillation requires heat which can be solar which could be an advantage over osmosis

I saw this report on this huge factory in australia ... their goal is to protect the environment by completely hiding this factory from view ... funny way to see the environment, in a country where there is a lot of sun ! it would rather be a huge solar plant clearly visible but not consuming energy
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 13/11/11, 12:09

Yes it is the one, their goal is in fact not to distort the landscape.
a + claude
0 x