Deceptive EdF advertising on electric heating !!

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
pb2488
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by pb2488 » 22/07/11, 20:54

er 13 not 30
0 x
"The truth can not be defined as the majority opinion:
The truth is what follows from the observation of facts. "
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/07/11, 22:04

pb2488 wrote:er 13 not 30

You have the right (if so) to edit your message ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/07/11, 11:24

Let's not get carried away!

1) This ad is not questionable: nothing is wrong. To my knowledge, there are only two attackable crimes: false advertising (saying something that is false) and slanderous comparative advertising (saying bad without proof of a competitor).

Nothing like.

2) Remember that the title is not that it is "the cheapest", but that "it saves purchasing power".

3) The fact that the presentation "induces" another idea (that electricity is cheaper than fuel or gas) is not an offense. Since it is never said or written and the curve, correctly read, says quite another thing: the electricity has increased less than the other energies. What is true.

This does not contradict the fact that it remains the most expensive energy!

We could also put the diamond price index, starting from 100 at the origin. If so, diamond would be "cheaper" than fuel! (on the curve, of course)

So agree with pb: nothing illegal; it is unfortunately commonplace in advertising.

Other examples: call prices (€ 19,90 in large + asterisk with lowercase "for 3 months then € 29,90) - look for the cheapest telephone subscription!

And then we have already talked about it elsewhere: all the cars, TV, etc. .. all more "green" than the others ... Everyone knows that the consumptions displayed are impractical (but in accordance with standards - measurements in a lab according to a theoretical cycle on a car that does not even drive! If yes, for those who do not know)

So, yes, this is advertising.

Me, it seems particularly shocking to me at a time when prices have already increased two or three times in the midst of the crisis and when the "big boss" (Proglio) is demanding a 25% increase in 3 years ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/09/11, 15:46

This topic is cited in this article: http://www.energie2007.fr/actualites/fi ... 40811.html even if it's not .info but .com :? :?

Heating: Que Choisir denounces the electric lobby
How much does it cost? | 2011-08-24 15:09:00 | 'Energy 2007' Administrator

In number 495 of September 2011, Que Choisir denounces the "relentless lobbying (of) EDF and its allies", grouped together in the "Equilibre des energies" association, whose goal is to defend electric heating.

In a two-page article, the monthly details "a fairly diabolical" action plan "targeting the media, politicians and experts so that they come to defend electricity as a method of heating The objective is acted in black and white: postponement of the application of RT 2012, overhaul of the coefficient of 2,58 allocated to electricity with the "task force 2,58".

It all starts around the famous 50 kWh / m² / year, so strongly discussed under the Grenelle laws. To be labeled BBC (low consumption building), a new home must have a maximum energy consumption of 50 kWh / m² / year. "In 2013, this value will even become the regulatory minimum for all constructions", observes Que Choisir, who emphasizes that "the world of construction is playing the game". Before recalling the consumption of the old stock (350 kWh / m² / year), housing built after 2006 (130 kWh / m² / year) and ... the exception from which electric heating benefits: 250 kWh / m² / year.

(...)

60 million consumers spoof EDF advertising

There is also a graph (page 9) which is included in an EDF advertisement published in the press in recent weeks (click here to view it). A graph that shows the evolution of prices of different energies compared to inflation since 1998 (and not the price itself). A nuance which gives rise to lively debates on the forum of the Econologie.info site, where the defenders of wood heating brandish another graphic, posted by Propellet, which markets "pellets" (wood pellets ...). INSEE on the one hand, the DGEC on the other.
In its September issue, 60 million consumers deride this advertisement, believing that EDF "short-circuits the figures" and that it is more economical to heat with natural gas. Before observing that "the moderate evolution of the price of electricity seems to be over".
> We remember the (slight) condemnation of GDF Suez for a similar advertisement a few weeks ago. Not easy to advertise with Excel graphics ... (...)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 02/09/11, 16:21

Oh lala but say so !!!

We should be freelancers ... [freelancers who understand ... ???]
0 x
tomgey
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by tomgey » 05/11/11, 21:28

Hello, I'm raising the thread!
In the last International Courier, I came across this:

Sorry for the size and definition, but the format of Courrier International is not really suitable for scanning, and that's all I found on the net.
Between the two photos it should read: "For your comfort, there is no longer any reason to be against electric heating"
Below: "When you renovate your home, opt for the comfort of electric heating. Far from the convector of the 70s, modern electric radiators provide total comfort (gentle and homogeneous heat, healthy air, rapid rise in temperature). To help you find your way, Atlantic has created the TOTAL CONFORT label of excellence, which recognizes the most comfortable devices. "

I immediately thought of our little debate this summer. After the first moment of amazement (like "don't tell me it's not true! How can you dare to release such stuff!"), We realize, like the EDF ad, that there is no lie. Indeed at no time does the ad talk about consumption / energy savings. They just say that a modern electric heater feels more comfortable than a convector, which is true.
But there is also the implicit message of saying that misconceptions about electric heating are wrong. Uninformed people may therefore include energy consumption, which is in my opinion one of the unacknowledged objectives of this ad.

And when we put this in parallel with that:

http://www.quechoisir.org/environnement ... n-commando

then with that:

http://www.e-marketing.fr/Breves/Atlant ... -36112.htm

we tell ourselves that we are facing a real concerted disinformation operation of the same type as the tobacco and asbestos manufacturers carried out in their time.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 05/11/11, 22:54

Totally agree, but there has been this type of misleading advertising on econology via google and elsewhere !!

Many people find it difficult to spot themselves and get caught !!!

Blowing example asserted much less good than radiating by some on econology !!!
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 06/11/11, 12:09

tomgey wrote:Hello, I'm raising the thread!
In the last International Courier, I came across this:

Le Nouvel Observateur paper puts this ad too.
0 x
tomgey
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by tomgey » 06/11/11, 12:26

According to the e-marketing site, we risk seeing it flourish everywhere in association with a radio campaign with the voice of Charlotte de Turckheim.
I forgot something in my initial comment: the inevitable creation of a brand-specific "Total Comfort" label. This type of commercial strategy is far from being a novelty (see eco2 at Renault, etc.) and is undoubtedly intended to reinforce the idea of ​​"high-end" electric heating and therefore more efficient in terms of comfort (written and undisputed claim) and in terms of energy (implicit claim of the advertising campaign, but not written and which cannot therefore be blamed on the manufacturer). This label will certainly also allow them to sell labeled radiators significantly more expensive ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 06/11/11, 14:52

The heating is full of scams constantly, especially since it is technical and that most do not understand the absurdities and contradiction of seductive but archi-false statements !!!!

In any case, collect all the free plants and wood that are lying around, even at your neighbors who smoke you for whole days by burning them in the open air very humid (prohibited in very dry weather given the risk of fire !!! !), by drying them thoroughly in the summer sun and heating yourself for free with in your boilers, stoves or insert with a good yield and 1000 times less pollution than that of your neighbors burning that very humid in the open air !!!

Having been fed up with jogging for months in these fumes, I even had a ticket issued against neighbors burning in addition their junk (pallets, plastics) for building outdoor houses, while it is prohibited in the 91 !!!!
At the moment after the rains, burning in the open air with harmful fumes is authorized throughout the south of France, smoked for hundreds of kilometers !!!

Finally for the price of a stove you can buy in Germany a good shredder and a pelletizer to make your pellets from any vegetable, yourself and free perpetually !!!!
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post215562.html#215562
and ask to see and check the operation on your plants before, since the heating is full of scams on all scales even among French pros selling in Argentina !!!

Finally, the manipulation of plants, in particular its essential hedges, is a very good exercise for health, especially my sciatica !!!
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."