Converter on gas boiler ???

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
inquietus
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Converter on gas boiler ???

by inquietus » 02/11/11, 16:38

Bonjour.
Good, I hope to be in the right place (otherwise, I start badly on this forum, sorry!).
I have a gas boiler (De Dietrich dtg 120) which has an ionization probe. I would like to place a 24V / 230V converter (inverter, what!) Capable of taking over in the event of a failure of the ERDF network.
This inverter will be placed on a battery.
-> the electrical consumption of the boiler is typically around 200W max
-> the probe distinguishes the neutral from the phase
-> I am not trying to produce therefore no electrical return to the network (even if I am considering recharging the battery by solar panels).

Hence my questions:
- is it possible ?
- how to create a neutral on the inverter?
- what material to take?

I searched the Net, but I found nothing ...
Thank you!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 02/11/11, 20:44

Read this:
http://www.bricozone.be/fr/electricite/ ... 26493.html

Frightening, the manufacturers allow themselves to save a small transformer insulating from nothing at all, to create lots of breakdowns ideal for making installers work in maintenance !!!
Indeed the neutral and the ground are not always identical, resistance of the earth and leaks between the earth connection of the EDF transformer and your earth connection at home, with leakage currents and voltage, bothersome !!!

Normally your inverter is an isolation transformer too and it should work better, the neutral being the terminal connected to the ground of the boiler and the house !!
But your boiler will only be connected to your inverter and never directly to the mains, like a computer connected to a block against mains power cuts.

Read and fully understand:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase_%28% ... t%C3%A9%29
0 x
inquietus
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by inquietus » 02/11/11, 22:06

Bonsoir.
Yes, I also read this thread, but it doesn't give me an answer!
Can I create a neutral with an inverter as we could do with a generator (connect one of the two terminals to the ground of the install) or go through an isolation transformer which has one of its terminals to the ground?
Has anyone done this kind of implementation?

Goods.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 02/11/11, 22:17

A priori yes, if the inverter is floating at the output, like a hidden isolation transformer then becomes part of the inverter.
0 x
inquietus
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by inquietus » 03/11/11, 11:53

Well, well, I test as soon as the opportunity arises! And I pass on here my possible observations ........
0 x