Sanitary water shut-off valves - connection to the water meter

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
DC
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Sanitary water shut-off valves - connection to the water meter

by DC » 07/08/11, 10:19

Here is the connection plan for sanitary water and central heating nearing completion at home.

Could someone tell me:

1. where I should place stop / purge valves on cold & hot sanitary water pipes (to or back from radiators too?)?

2. how connect to non-return valve downstream of the water meter, the sanitary water pipes (water heater supply in 15 mm and cold water in 22 mm) and the boiler supply? I have soldered everything copper to copper so far. Use a "console" and conical fittings? In what initial diameter?

3. There are 2 radiator circuits, one for the north of the house (3 radiators) and another for the rest of the radiators.
How should balance the network in these two circuits during commissioning (only one pump)?

Thank you for your help.

DC

0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 05/09/11, 23:11

1. drain purges at low points on the outward and return journey.
2. a nurse or Tees, 22 should be more than enough, unless there are special flow requirements.
3. disregard the circuits. balance radiator by radiator to obtain the same T ° in all rooms.
0 x
DC
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by DC » 07/09/11, 11:00

Hello,
Thank you for this concise response.
For point 3:
The radiators are connected to the circuits by simple elbows or T without the possibility of adjusting the flow of water entering or leaving there.
On the other hand, they are all equipped with a thermostatic valve (except bathroom), it is via the valve of all the radiators only that I will regulate the operating mode of the circulator ????
I do not intend to set the temperature to a single value in all rooms !! Warmer in the office on the 2nd floor than in the north bedroom on the 1st floor for example! Something escapes me.

Goods.

DC
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 08/09/11, 08:29

with thermostatic valves it will be done by itself. Simply certain parts will arrive at the T ° faster.
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "