Debate on debt and false pretenses

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 24/08/11, 13:11

If you give me 1000 € per month, I stop working right away. : Cheesy:
0 x
swift2540
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by swift2540 » 24/08/11, 13:22

Philippe Schutt wrote:If you give me 1000 € per month, I stop working right away. : Cheesy:

So is that your job does not suit you : Cheesy:
Stopping for a while is the first thing that comes to mind, everyone has already thought "if I had time, I ..."
But after?
0 x
Sometimes it is better to stop, reflect, and ask the right questions ...
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 24/08/11, 13:46

Philippe Schutt wrote:If you give me 1000 € per month, I stop working right away. : Cheesy:

... That's the problem! :?

swift2540 wrote:

There is the question. The film speaks (of memory) of 30% of salary in less (for all), to reduce the employers expenses and increase of vat to compensate.

30% less salary, but then why continue to work?
The perverse effects of such a device are obvious, considering the may of people motivated by their work.

There is a risk of creating a national split, with on one side those who do not want to work anymore and the others ...

If you take the total of the current expenses (allocations, pensions, 30% of salaries civil servants, and other aids) and you distribute on the number of inhabitant, it would give how much for each one?

It is not a simple mathematical reasoning. On this subject there are too many people who rely on too much theoretical calculation and omit the logical and societal approach.
It is clear that if we calculate the total of social assistance of all kinds (RSA, family allowance, housing assistance etc ...) the total amount is staggering.
Nevertheless, centralized various sums, discounts following various situations (birth, dependent child etc ...), risk of radically changed society.
In sum, the result of the problem is not purely mathematical (and therefore computable), but rather behavioral (and therefore very hard to anticipate).
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 24/08/11, 13:52

swift2540 wrote:So is that your job does not suit you : Cheesy:

No, I just tell myself that if I did not need to fight constantly to earn a living it would be great.
My partner does not work since 2 years and she has done very well, she can not imagine getting a job!
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 24/08/11, 13:56

A 1000 € per month I stop to work too, and I tinker for me, it is an obvious
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 24/08/11, 13:57

Philippe Schutt wrote:No, I just tell myself that if I did not need to fight constantly to earn a living it would be great.
My partner does not work since 2 years and she has done very well, she can not imagine getting a job!

I understand very well this, myself, although I like my job ... I preferred to prefer activities more meditative and more sporting ... A fortiori in a logic of voluntary simplicity.
I think that many people would follow this logic and would only work to finance, for example, work in their homes (roofing has to change), not on which the current economy appreciates!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Did67

by Did67 » 24/08/11, 14:11

1) And I, although having the chance to love my work a lot, I find that it gets every day a little harder, that I have more and more trouble, that after my infarction, I am in Growing suffering ... I would stop, for sure.

And I will try to create "value" for society in another way!

2) Where it appears that our job is for pay. That the salary is a part of the counter value of the value of goods and services that we create ...

3) That money is only the materialization of this value (sat translation into numbers and into a support - ticket or digital) ...

4) That of course that the compléxification of the exchanges, s of the financial instruments has become, such that some make money a value in itself, sell "vouchers" even before having bought them, and that for the common people of smortels , it becomes very complex.

Suddenly, these "some" manage to monopolize a large part of the value produced, via speculation. Another part is monopolized by the countries which produce more, faster, less expensive ... No wonder that in order to maintain our level of consumption of goods and services, s we have had to get into debt (therefore to consume the value that we have not produced, or not yet produced ...).

5) And with that, we could resume the discussion
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 24/08/11, 14:11

Having said that, I agree that banks do not have to create money, it should only be possible for central banks, and with restrictions.
On the other hand, if governments had not so much blazed and created such a deficit everything would be
0 x
swift2540
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by swift2540 » 24/08/11, 14:20

Exact! You are all right ... at first.

For example to renovate its roof, will first have to finance the purchase of the house.
If nobody wants to work, wages will increase (the cost of living too) and become attractive again. NLC described it very well on the island : Arrowu: The market will self-regulate.

Take the case of a craftsman. At certain times of the year, he needs more, but it costs too much.
To others, there is a lack of work and he does not know how to close the end of the month.
The result: he works like a madman to compensate for lean cow periods. And is on vacation unwanted at other times.

With this system, it engages for a period, and to live the rest of the time.
0 x
swift2540
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by swift2540 » 24/08/11, 14:23

Did67 wrote:1) And I, although having the chance to love my work a lot, I find that it gets every day a little harder, that I have more and more trouble, that after my infarction, I am in Growing suffering ... I would stop, for sure.

And I will try to create "value" for society in another way!

Stop definitely, or work by ex-half, and learn by your job at qq?

Creating value means working, right?
Otherwise certainly, but work anyway ...
0 x