Lifetime and longevity of an ITE (external insulation)

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 29/06/11, 05:38

Christophe wrote:I do not know how the extruded polystyrene resists UV, I do not have the impression that it is sensitive ... the expanded is probably a little more!

But hey: I don't know a lot of houses that ultimately leave their insulation "raw" (except during periods of crisis like now ...) it is in 99% of cases clad or faced finish ...

Uhh In Poland, in Germany, it's all big fashion.
In 8 days, I will start this work.
10cm of expanded polystyrene, on top, we put a layer of catchy, with a mesh, then a layer which solidifies the outside, then a finishing layer.
Below, on the ground, there is metal that prevents rodents from entering from below.
We are starting to isolate social centers in my region, with this system.
I spoke about it a year or two ago.
https://www.econologie.com/forums/isolation- ... t3894.html
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/06/11, 10:43

lejustemilieu wrote:on top, we put a layer of eye-catching, with a mesh, then a layer which solidifies the exterior, then a finishing layer.

Ah thank you for specifying this solution that I omitted (the most economical?): We put a mortar (2 to 3 cm thick I think) but therefore it is not left "bare" or "raw" ...

Is there an air space between the wall and the insulation layer? Some put others not ...
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 29/06/11, 15:29

Is there an air space between the wall and the insulation layer? Some put others not ...

No, there is nothing, no space.
It's glued with foam, and in addition, there are large plastic dowels.
But hey, it's much more fragile than a brick wall.
Often, it's the kids who are bored in the street, who do damage ...
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 29/06/11, 16:01

If the outside air circulates a little too quickly in the air space, the insulation becomes completely useless !!

In France, HLMs (at Ulis 91) are also insulated without insulation, thermal pits, at least the walls without windows.
Last edited by dedeleco the 01 / 07 / 11, 01: 17, 1 edited once.
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 30/06/11, 23:02

lejustemilieu wrote: .
In 8 days, I will start this work.
10cm of expanded polystyrene, on top, we put a layer of catchy, with a mesh, then a layer which solidifies the outside, then a finishing layer.
Below, on the ground, there is metal that prevents rodents from entering from below.
We are starting to isolate social centers in my region, with this system.

This is exactly what I saw on the front of a 50s building to isolate it further; not far from my home. In Grenoble.

But I have no idea how long that will last.
0 x