OKOFEN boiler: installation in a kitchen

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
greygoda
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

OKOFEN boiler: installation in a kitchen

by greygoda » 06/06/11, 15:47

Hello,

I would like to acquire an OKOFEN PE 15 boiler soon. I was on an outdoor installation, with boiler + tank + silo in a wooden construction with technical floor.

After thinking about it, I think of another solution: repatriate the boiler and the balloon in my kitchen in a room that would be to build (wall) which would occupy 1/3 of my current kitchen ... and which would be used for preserves, washing machine, shoes etc ...

Technically, this seems feasible: the kitchen is semi-detached with the wall on which the silo will rest, so it is possible to dig a hole for food, it has more than one chimney flue (used by my current stove).

Does this installation seem feasible to you? I think in particular:
- any noise from the boiler
- a heat may be too high (there is already an external ventilation which can be supplemented)
- insurance problem ....

Thank you for your opinions / feedback !!!
0 x
dhaulagiri
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dhaulagiri » 08/06/11, 22:44

At the start of my project, I had considered the same thing, namely installing my boiler in the adjoining utility room of the kitchen, where the old gas boiler and the water supply were located. This was not done for various reasons but none of the ones you mention.

In my opinion, if there could be a "problem", it is not so much the heat (very negligible), nor the noise (in a pinch, cleaning every evening at 20:00 pm for about 2 minutes), nor the insurance (gas boilers are often installed in apartment kitchens), it is especially the storage of pellets. It takes up space. Whether you opt for a screw system (nearby silo) or by suction (storage possibly further away, up to 20m), you will have to worry about where your silo or spare room will be stored anyway. By choosing the suction system, be careful with the route of your ducts: it may be a little noisy (even if, it seems to me, you can choose the time to replenish the boiler)
0 x