Peugeot => diesel / electric hybrid in 2010

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 03/02/06, 22:24

Like many things in the energy world, this process only becomes "interesting" : roll: (i.e. industrializable and easily usable) only if oil is expensive ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 06/04/06, 19:11

Another point of view on these models: Auto-innovation article.

According to this site, and with a price differential all in all quite low, I do not see well for what excellent reasons PSA would not put these models on sale ... (Yes Christophe, I know, the oil / State / manufacturer collusion , all that, people ... :P : Wink:)

Information of this type would lead one to think that it is rather a problem of development than of too high a price ... Now, from there to know which of the two sites is better informed :?:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/04/06, 19:46

The problem is that the price announced: € 22 is an estimate / objective ... When we know that very few projects arrive at their initial cost I doubt these figures ... especially that it is in 800 years ...

Anyway, all this does not explain why a diesel hybrid will not come out tomorrow (no fundamental difference with gasoline hybrids) especially when you know that France must import diesel (I'm talking about fuel not crude, of course) because our refining capacities have reached their limits
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 06/04/06, 21:13

Econology wrote:The problem is that the price announced: € 22 is an estimate / objective ... When we know that very few projects arrive at their initial cost I doubt these figures ... especially that it is in 800 years ...
In fact, I believe that € 22 corresponds to the target cost announced by Folz, who spoke of reducing by a factor of 800 a differential estimated at € 2 to € 5 with a comparable HDi (and in fact, we come back to info consistent between the two sites ...)

Econology wrote:Anyway, all this does not explain why a diesel hybrid will not come out tomorrow (no fundamental difference with gasoline hybrids) especially when you know that France must import diesel (I'm talking about fuel not crude, of course) because our refining capacities have reached their limits
Apparently, the problems related to operation in Stop & Start mode (vibrations, starting difficulties, ...) are more difficult to solve on a Diesel than on a gasoline, this could possibly explain that ...
0 x