Nature has not finished impressing us

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
The Passing

by The Passing » 17/09/05, 11:23

<a href='http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_4200000/newsid_4209000/4209004.stm' target='_blank'>http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_4...000/4209004.stm</a>

I dare a quick translation from the beginning:

Discovery of a fish tongue eating insect
A creature that devours a fish's tongue and replaces it with its own body was found in Britain for the first time.

The insect - bearing the scientific name cymothoa exigua - was found in the mouth of a snapper bought from a London fishmonger.

The creature of 3,5cm grabbed onto the fish's tongue, and gradually devoured it to leave only a small chunk at the base.

He then settled on the remaining tip to substitute for the fish tongue.
0 x
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 17/09/05, 11:40

Hello
it's not new tenia (solitary glass)
the Muslims proscribe the pig because of him.
he eats in the place of the host too ...
in the mussels there are small crabs (the little cats ...): blink:
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/09/05, 11:52

"The 3,5cm creature gripped the fish's tongue, and gradually devoured it, leaving only a small piece of it at the base.
It then attached itself to the remaining end to replace the tongue of the fish. "

It's horrible but it would be a good diet method ... :D (sorry am cynical today ...)

To return to the title of this topic, there is something that interests me more in nature: it is the tartigrade. It (or it?) Is the 1ere step towards cryopreservation of being alive (human term). Indeed, this organism has a life expectancy of about twenty days but its lifespan can exceed the century ... by self-freezing ... alternating waking and freezing period ...

And yes nature is much stronger than Science ... which is content to copy ... (still a little cynicism ...)

https://www.econologie.com/le-tardigrade ... -2743.html

I quote :

"Tardigrade specimens were discovered in an ice cap estimated to be over 2000 years old and have come back to life. This form of resistance allows it not only to suspend the course of time but also to survive the attacks from extreme temperatures and numerous chemical attacks. "
Last edited by Christophe the 03 / 04 / 15, 12: 14, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/03/06, 11:21

I will write an article about econo on the Tardigrade ...
Indeed I find that it is a beautiful example of humility of man compared to Nature and its scientific knowledge (the famous all-powerful science!) ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/04/06, 09:20

Last edited by Christophe the 03 / 04 / 15, 12: 13, 1 edited once.
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 05/04/06, 10:06

Hello,
Well "laid" these articles, : Cheesy:
AND is already on earth since ...... very long, no doubt. The questions raised by this animal call into question the appearance of life on earth. : Idea:
@ ++
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/04/06, 10:08

Exact ... as well as the "dogmas" of biologists on the resistance of life ... the blow of the pressure is simply HALLUCINANT ...
I quote for lazy people:

"they survive without any problem in absolute vacuum, or, conversely, at a hydrostatic pressure of 600 megapascals, ie 6 times the pressure exerted at the bottom of the ocean at -10 000 meters deep, whereas, normally, as soon as 30 megapascals, 300 times atmospheric pressure, cell membranes, proteins and DNA suffer irreversible damage. "

I also like the more philosophical approach:

Nature never doing anything to chance, so we can ask ourselves what is the use of being so resistant, because on earth it is really over-equipped. How could natural selection affect the characteristics of tardigrade to allow it to retain attributes that it could not test?

We were lied to? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 06/04/06, 09:42

Hello,
: Mrgreen: The tardy is God! : Mrgreen:
(Fortunately we are not really in his image, because he is a little frightened, point of view face!) lol)
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)