Tire recycling in Tunisia

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
Sami Tn
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Tire recycling in Tunisia

by Sami Tn » 11/06/09, 11:00

Good morning all. this is my 1st message on this forum that I came across by browsing the net and that I found very interesting!
I would like to set up a tire recycling unit in Tunisia and I would like to ask your help for some information concerning this project:

-For the purchase of the chain, would it be more interssant to acquire it from Europe or from China, the price difference is enormous between the 2 markets, I remain however perplexed compared to the quality of the Chinese machines and especially in relation to after sales service.
- Would you have contacts of companies which manufacture this kind of chains, especially in Italy.
-What is the best process to install? a chain with 3 or 4 stages of grinding?
- concerning the products obtained from recycling: I would like to have as much data as possible regarding the marketing of granules (or others) on the European market.
- Would it be more interesting to integrate the activity of shaping the granules? that is, to make molds and manufacture finished products in-house.
- Regarding used tires, does anyone have an idea about the fate of used tires in Europe. I know that recycling exists, but I understand that in Switzerland for example, the state exports a large quantity to African countries so that they can be recycled there. is it true?

Thank you in advance for your help.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/06/09, 11:04

Sorry, I don't know much about it in the tire recycling industry, but I have seen many examples of direct tire recycling, it is the best eco-friendly solution to recover them!

3 examples come back to me that could be developed in Tunisia:

a) houses (under basement) see walls
b) road foundations
c) anti-scree walls

To dig there is a lot of use in direct recycling which are possible with tires! : Idea:
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 11/06/09, 11:41

Hello

"Used" tires from Europe are exported to Africa to be recycled ...
Especially to end their life, on vehicles, worn down to the marrow.
Afterwards, you have to swing them. It is better to enhance them by shredding them on the spot.

For the use of aggregates, it is better to find outlets on the spot. it's always good for local employment.
0 x
recycler
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Tire recycling in Tunisia

by recycler » 19/07/09, 19:01

Hello,

After reading your message, I thought I would inform you of the existence of our company.

We are an American company that develops and designs shredders for recycling. Our advantage is that we have spent the last 15 years developing business relationships in China. So we produce a Western quality product in the East at a fraction of the price.

If you need more information, write to me. You can also visit our English website http://www.shredderhotline.com/

Hope
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 19/07/09, 19:37

Several things:

1) it's not us poor little ones forumers who will replace us with engineering offices at 60 - 80 euros per hour excluding VAT per person!

2) you will not make the economy to visit installations carried out by the prospective suppliers: considering the probable amount of the investment, what is 5000 euros of travel expenses not to be mistaken. These visits must be made without the knowledge of the manufacturers.

3) well yes, Italy is not far, the technician is quickly at your place and their prices are efficient. (They made us sick when I worked in compressed air dryers)

4) Is China a customer of Tunisia? Europe if, to see the amount of tourists we send you each year. think about it: make your customers live!

5) Savings are expensive!

6) Importing old tires to shred them is energetically absurd: you pay a truck to transport ... vacuum: you realize: a tire that occupies 20 liters weighs 3 kilos. On the other hand, even in Europe, shredding is an occupation with a low rate of labor, which is also unskilled. it's not like peeling shrimp!

7) It can't be put on a truck, your installation?

Do not hesitate to communicate with me in mp
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
shredder
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Tire recycling in Tunisia

by shredder » 17/05/11, 15:00

Hello,

We now have a site in French dedicated to recycling. There you will find a section that describes the recycling process for tires as well as other types of materials. Do not hesitate to ask us questions.

www.dechiqueteurs.com

Recycler wrote:Hello,

After reading your message, I thought I would inform you of the existence of our company.

We are an American company that develops and designs shredders for recycling. Our advantage is that we have spent the last 15 years developing business relationships in China. So we produce a Western quality product in the East at a fraction of the price.

If you need more information, write to me. You can also visit our English website http://www.shredderhotline.com/

Hope
0 x