Free energy diagnosis by EDF: what to expect

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
enka
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Free energy diagnosis by EDF: what to expect

by enka » 13/05/11, 15:59

Hello,

I was contacted by EDF Energies Nouvelles which offers:

-to come to my house to make an energy diagnosis for free (according to the guy it costs in the 300 € otherwise, supported by the state in this case)

-if possibility, to make a file in order to install a renewable energy system with tax credit, etc. whose goal is that the cost comes back to me as much as what I currently pay in energy. Once the reimbursement is finished, I would pay less and pollute less.

In short to summarize: Free DPE, installation cost then repayment of the credit is no more expensive than what I currently pay and then I would therefore pay my energy cheaper.

Not living completely in a world of bisounours and having not yet heard of this gift from the state, what is behind it? Some have already dealt with this attractive proposition?

Since the DPE is free and I do not intend to sign things without thinking, I do not worry too much either ...

Currently I spit: little insulated house and propane heating in tank : Cry:

Thank you for your answers 8)
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 13/05/11, 16:02

Is an "energy diagnosis" necessarily a DPE :?:

Will the person who comes provide a report of ECD usable for a sale or a rental for example :?: :?:
0 x
enka
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by enka » 13/05/11, 16:04

good question i will call back the guy : Mrgreen:
Since I don't really know the stuff, I thought it was DPE, but the Q deserves to be asked!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 13/05/11, 17:04

Many pharmacies falsely claiming to be official organizations are dangling "a free energy diagnostic" (that's the bait) to sell heat pumps or other very convincing nonsense ... on paper!

It is not up to them to tell you what is good for you, but it is up to you to educate yourself and refer you to worthy professionals.
Those who contacted you work only for their interest and make fun of yours.

If you make the mistake of receiving them, they will provide you with calculations that you will check so as not to pass for an apple: this is a second error, because their calculations are good (they suspect that you know how to use d 'a calculator), these are the bases of the calculation which are false.

Basically the argument is built on a scheme that leaves you psychologically only two possibilities:
1- pass for a void unable to understand the obvious advantages of what they want to sell you;
2- pass for an idiot by signing the order form.

Of course, it's not on the same level: in 1, they want you to feel it to force you to go in 2; in 2, that's what they really think, letting you believe the opposite.

Rather than looking for a miraculous system capable of transforming your caloric strainer into a cozy nest, think more about improving your thermal insulation.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
enka
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by enka » 13/05/11, 17:34

This is what I intend to do, don't worry : Cheesy:

Anyway, I never sign something without thinking about it x times
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 13/05/11, 18:23

It happened to me several times:
- either for a free estimate of installation of photovoltaic panel
- either for a free energy diagnosis
- lately for a free energy and roof diagnosis.

Each time they claim to come from EDF EN, where they say they are EDF's referent

In the last 2 cases, I was asked to prepare my electricity and gas bills for the year before the technician came by.

In the 3 cases, I warned that I will not buy anything, when canvassing by phone

For the photovoltaic panels, I marinated the technician for more than 2 hours without obviously signing anything and Mr left very angry, threatening to fire the secretary who had done her job badly.

For the other cases, I asked how they were paid for this work, suddenly they did not pass.
The last one even replied that it was his problem and hung up on me.

The state, to my knowledge, does not help companies with this kind of diagnosis.

It is therefore necessary to pay absolutely on the client; it does not fall into the trap.

As for doorstep selling, there are 7 days to withdraw by registered letter with AR.
Normally in the order, there is a shutter for that.
0 x
Ibis.
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Ibis. » 13/05/11, 20:08

My experience with Bleu-Ciel is disappointing. Effectively 290 € for a technician who walks with an infrared thermometer, does not bother to lift a tile to check the insulation: "the date of construction is largely enough, he says" and then receive a wave report and a selection of 2-5 companies per trade, of course unrelated to EDF, it's a given.

For the price, buying a thermometer is more profitable.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 13/05/11, 20:20

However, there is point 1 in the document below:

http://www.energivie.fr/medias/aides-fi ... 2011bd.pdf
0 x
enka
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by enka » 17/05/11, 15:09

I finally let the wolf into the sheepfold (but I didn't sign anything : Cheesy: ) just to see what they were offering.

So in fact it happened exactly as said above in this subject or as I have read elsewhere : Lol:

So the guy arrives, introduces himself as Bleu Ciel partner (I had checked that it was true before). he doesn't even look at the house
, ask 2 - 3 question (type of heating, what we pay per month ...) and it's actually only what interests him!

In fact, to put it simply, it divides the price of what it sells you (less regional aid and the tax credit) by what you pay per month and that gives the number of months that you will pay for your machine. credit. Instead of paying propane in my case, I would pay DomiFinance (EDF's financial service provider) the same price for having an air / water heat pump of mine after 144 months.

Clearly we have the impression that we will pay nothing more, except that if he sells his machine twice the market price, we actually pay 2x his price!
Likewise as soon as we approach the question of the guarantee, etc., it is always very vague (EDF is behind, even if we disappear another provider is there, it works for 25 years minimum ...)

If we sign (the guy obviously not understanding that we cannot immediately sign such an offer), a guy from EDF comes to calculate the probable efficiency of the system, the possibility of its implementation, and if it's all good, then it installs (it is already no longer possible to retract). Obviously it is "the grenelle of the environment" (heard at least 15 times) which wants to help us.

The strongest no doubt: I asked him how EDF selected us since we are not even at home (there is no EDF in my corner): it is the satellites which detect the houses which reject too much heat (this which has very little to do with the type of heating) : Cheesy: : Lol: : Lol:

To conclude, even if theoretically it seems interesting, it would be necessary to know the real price of an installation: there he offers me an installation at 23 € (a Daikin high temperature air-water heat pump) for 000 m150. Even better: if there's a need to change radiators, no worries it's in the price! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 17/05/11, 15:13

Philippe Schutt wrote:However, there is point 1 in the document below:

http://www.energivie.fr/medias/aides-fi ... 2011bd.pdf
But it is only valid in Alsace :?:
0 x