Heating wood at home?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 17/04/11, 04:08

We can put more than 8m of duct, even if it means accepting a reduction in flow or doubling the duct leaving the circulator, with one duct per chamber.
You can make ducts of larger sections under Placoplâtre ceilings. Everything is good for distributing the hot air.
Finally, it is possible to keep the gas heating as a backup in the event of absence or forgetting to reload wood in the middle of the night or day (reason to prefer pellets) and to greatly reduce consumption with the heating wood in an insert with air circulation.
Another solution is a 50cm log wood-fired boiler connected to the radiators in parallel to the gas one (kept as a backup or removed).
Wood is a greater strain than gas or pellets.
Conserving gas with wood makes it possible to gain the two advantages, flexibility of the gas and very strong reduction in consumption with free wood compared to pellets.
0 x
Jojo1968
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Jojo1968 » 18/04/11, 14:56

Thank you Poleau and Dedeleco for your feedback. This confirms to me that it is playable ...
Now I have to find calculation tools to articulate all this because the bells are quite different in terms of power, sheaths, etc.
0 x