Vertical Wind Turbines Business District

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
FrageMan
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Vertical Wind Turbines Business District

by FrageMan » 16/04/11, 13:06

Hello everybody

I hope to have posted in the right category with the right title

My question is :
Can we use winds from urban areas, business districts effectively?

Here, we talk about wind turbines obviously, but it seems difficult to place wind turbines in a busy business district.

The problem of business districts is that their architecture often gives rise to strong winds, engulfing between buildings.

Assuming that we have the necessary information to determine the cycles of these winds, we would seek to place vertical wind turbines at the heart of these currents.

Why the vertical wind turbine, because it works with little wind, little noise, er report better congestion / performance.
And many other advantages that make the vertical wind turbine unusable here.

Complete explanations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mckYVpyc ... er&list=UL

So with the agreement, difficult, companies we equip some towers, either on the roof or laterally, a circuit of wind turbines recovering the energy of these winds, thus decreasing for passersby.

With new vertical magnetic levitation wind turbines and other innovations, do you think that a project like this is technically feasible and above all viable?

Thank you for your answers / comments.

FrageMan
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 16/04/11, 13:52

Hi and welcome on the forum.

The problem of business districts is that their architecture often gives rise to strong winds, engulfing between buildings.

This is the case in Chicago where strong winds are accelerated by the Venturi effect by the "artificial canyons" formed by groups of buildings, with in certain cases passers-by injured following strong gusts.
From now on, the construction of large architectural ensembles always involves a study of local aerology and its possible changes.

For vertical wind turbines, it would be possible to mount them on office buildings, remains to guarantee the mechanical strength of the whole, and its integration into the architectural landscape.
Many projects (more in a logic of greewashing than real ecology) launches into the integration in their office towers, wind turbine and solar panels.
Nevertheless the construction of grand tours is somewhat contradictory with the idea of ​​ecology.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 16/04/11, 14:50

Hello and welcome on econology! :P

I listened to this link that you put, it is in my ears, anything, say that wind turbines pollute and kills birds because we put the gear in the path of the birds ... .

There are wind turbines with vertical axes that are quieter, lighter and infinitely more interesting than the giant ones that are planted at sea, not because they are harmful, but because at sea there is PLACE and WIND : Mrgreen:

I invite you to do a search in our engine and read the many threads that talk about vertical axis wind turbines ... there are dozens of LINK pages !!!

This one was very interesting https://www.econologie.com/forums/un-aerogen ... 61-20.html

Meow and see you soon

:P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...