insulating coating: cellulose wadding and Chaux

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
ecolonovice
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

insulating coating: cellulose wadding and Chaux

by ecolonovice » 01/03/11, 08:43

Hello to you

I am new on the site and I thank you for making it exist, by your posts. Long life at forum et forumowers : Mrgreen:

Here I am in contact with a cellulose manufacturer in my area, as part of a future order for the insulation of the roof of my house that was built in the 60 years with a layer of 25cm after settling (at the period no wall / floor / roof insulation so gradually do everything).

in the meantime I came across a link, speaking of "paper binder" as a means of construction, and I was quite amazed and skeptical when its thermal insulation capacity an R of 1,27 / cm (dixit ekopedia)

initially I planned to use an insulating coating for the interior, before having the means to make an external insulation as well as the advance of roofing and the covering cladding necessary for its realization.

to do this I planned to use:

-either a lime plaster / hemp (not hemp, hurds, in my area and resellers in the corner, now faced in controlled and embodied energy, a pity because apparently there is a good humidity control and clean air)

-either EPS covered with plaster (not green at all as a solution despite a very good insulating material but I fear the stagnant moisture problems and risks resulting moississures and the implementation of difficulty of a subsequently coated with risks to joints of plates)

- now with this discovery, the "paper binder",
make a mixture of lime / sand / cellulose as a direct coating in a generous layer of 3 / 4cm relining the walls that are in agglos that I am declaimed their plaster, to promote the hooking and breathing of the wall, if the lambda and really the one that is possible with this type of binder / coating would really be worth it to replace all the old interior coatings on the periphery walls.

I talk to this manufacturer and he even offers me, to do directly in his factory which is two steps from home, the mixture cellulose wadding with lime, (for the sand he did not answer me) his would allow perfect homogeneity, I also asked him if it was possible to remove the borax used to fireproof
and he could do it by losing the CSTB, to avoid a (hypothetical) poor carbonation lime in the presence of this salt.

I noticed that on this forum a member had made a home-made test of a home-made cellulose plaster, and that it announced an interesting thermal performance and a pleasant implementation,
I wonder if other people have tried and passed the
also?

I'd like your opinions and remarks on it if you like it

Thank you for your advice, answers, and especially listening
hoping to read
Good day to you
0 x
ecolonovice
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

UP UP up

by ecolonovice » 02/03/11, 09:30

Hello

amazing to have no answers ....

is there anyone who is tempted to the thing?

well I come back later.

have a good day
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 02/03/11, 10:32

Hello ,

er then:

Hemp and lime is not isolation :) it is a thermal correction

your plaster wadding lime (that long since I thought about it already;)), with sand it does not have anything the sand is conductive.

Your dealer will sell you everything he can.

Warning I think:

the amount of water in the mixture
the amount of water in the medium
at the temperature

Personally I rather obtais for lime batting has 8 10 cm in body coating and 2 cm and finish in the finish you can put sand;).

Do not make anything without thinking and check before if it was back to the waste and in this case your still weighs une lesser evil)

Hemp if it has only chenevotte is good only for soil and slab, if you want a plaster hemp and lime you need long and medium fiber for better grip.

Find out about all the materials you will use and not jsute on principles) and take at least the good principle das this case.

HEMP
LIME AND CORRECTION = THERMAL INSULATION and NOT

it responds to you has your question;)

If you do a bare plaster of lime mdrr how do you burn it ?????

wa so when you say wadding lime is dry? in this case the boron salt is bought in any store that make the organic paint, it is used in equivalance of casein (casein is therefore in the free milk with whole milk you turned;) A flame retardant lol but it not it supports the pigments that's all).

You launch yourself in a matter that can be great but did some tests on front piece of wall to find bo melange that school, you inspired the wet spraying of tissue etc ..

later I have not temsp'll talk with new issue if you want;)

see you
0 x
ecolonovice
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ecolonovice » 03/03/11, 09:30

hello bidouille23

thank you for your opinion and your comments.

for what you say about sand, i'm a little suspicious, why then is it the basic binder, in the "paper binder" with the properties which have been recognized for decades, on the other hand it is It is true that this technique is unknown and to see little used still today. (how many in France currently have built on this principle, I wonder if it can be counted on the fingers of one hand?)

10cm interior insulation is too much for me, in the configuration of its current home is not really ideal for this.

I intend to make a future insulation from the outside, inside would be a sound and thermal complement, at this moment I turn the old plaster plaster to be able to place the most suitable materials for my research.

I'm not trying to waste, I'm not trying to do without asking myself questions, otherwise why would I ask questions about a forum , a meeting point for people interested in improving their well-being and that of others?

I try to developer the few skills I have on the insulation and the means that are used to acquire it and enjoy it, I just try to express synthetically the approaches I may have for the moment to this.

the subject of the message is mainly focused on cellulose wadding and its possible use as an insulating plaster, "hemp and lime" would be another subject, I think you answer some things but certainly not all, the fields of application is not limited to the experiences and conclusions made with the material but also and in an important part to what has not yet been done with.

If you do a bare plaster of lime mdrr how do you burn it ?????

I confess I did not understand this sentence, or are related to the content of my previous message, unless you're referring to fasses carbonation phenomenon of lime in contact with air, and so I ask myself a question about the possible interaction of the boron salt in the treatment of cellulose wadding and this chemical reaction re-transforming the lime in the stone it was before.

greetings

ps: there is nobody there to speak to you on ioslants coated?
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/03/11, 10:24

It is truly in the field of chemistry there. There is no miracle, we can not do the trial and error, as said Bidouille.
Let the experimental laboratories, unless you have an advanced oneself ... Or to use recipes as millennium with lime ... But the blunders precautions of use: mandatory protections!
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 03/03/11, 14:12

They had reached this conclusion about a somewhat comparable material made with lime and pine needles: the FISOLAND.

Interesting for interior or exterior coatings, this type of material is certainly more healthy and pleasant to work with than cement. it is more insulating than concrete, but much lower than real because insulating lime degrades its insulating qualities ...
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 04/03/11, 12:16

Hello,
desolé for the message probably a little gross somewhere, and sorry for the delay;) response.

Well I did not say that lime was batting an error instead.
As I say it is a technique (that I have seen anywhere the jusuqe;) thank you for the info that it exists, or else this is my question if you examples I'm interested ;)).

I also think it is a good idea for most is that the proces as is paper (at least me it is with paper of déchette I thought to do that, and so live a paw species to paper, if I'm not mistaken a mixed liver lime and plaster hardened dan body inks should be fixed.

As for 'insulation ok with you (in my opinion there is a better "insulation" or thermal correction coefficient with paper rather than with hemp.

but speaks well of thermal correction, so it is your external insulation shalt taf;).

As for fire: I say it again in a better way;), lime does not burn;) so why do you want to put a "fire retardant";) in addition, which is not good for your health? ??

For sand, I say yes to the finish, but not necessarily in the body coating, but you have a view outside insulates it changes the game, and indeed it can not be bad especially in the correction field electromagnetic, silica is an insulator and the sand in the walls that role, and in the house the cables are more or less disposed to do a cage farradais and suddenly all that is in it is subject to the fields created. so yes the sand, but to see the body of coating what happens if it's good or not stick.

In terms of mix you have to do tests on wall ends and does not dry too fast. I think you can inspire you to wet cotton wool projection;), it's a bit the same principle but without lime n sand just batting and it works;).

So I encourage you more than get discouraged but I especially encourage you to do the tests;).

Search conditions I had another different idea (but also tried in Africa, saying I'm not complettement tare of time;)), used plastic bottle;) :) .
Vui the bottle is sealed, so stagnant air and imobile, if in addition it is dry then bingo at bingo if you see what I mean Eveux.
And to fill the empty bottles ente (if have only 5 L bouteillles of the vacuum will be minimal) he faudrais use cotton wool for example.

I think if balance is super efficient in africa for the lime there aps reason it does not insulate from the cold, especially if have to recall that the best insulator on Earth is the stagnant air dry and imobile.
it would fix the plastic more without needing to recast;) ..

good late, the debate is open I believe :)
0 x