Bottle in the sea, laptop stolen from my car

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 03/02/11, 01:22

... yes recel, that's why every time I buy something, even if it's "donated", I always make a paper and always arrange to have a person's phone to connect it to somebody thing (just in case).

Conversely, ditto if I sell qqc. If I give something, at risk, for example a car I sell it for 1 € symbolic ... like that I'm quiet ... after me the flood, if it happens an accident ..!

bernardd wrote:While on a mobile phone, it is directly on the operator network, so the equivalent of the mac address is directly accessible.

The advantage of the GSM card is that it is nice to format the DD, the sim card is not ^ ^

Now I doubt that thieves are doing the necessary to do low-level formatting. There remains the possibility of leaving something that will wake up and send a "help" as soon as the machine is reconfigured. But what program is able to do that?

bernardd wrote:So missed for a pc ...

Not necessarily ... a GSM card for sin, it must exist ...
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 20/02/11, 16:06

We must not believe that thieves routinely format computers stolen: as soon as stolen, as soon as refurged or searched to see if there is no interesting information (eg no credit card for online purchase, connection to account banking, etc ...)

A priori, as soon as a pc connects on the internet, it is possible to locate it, without having a mobile phone or sending a distress flare!

Design a small software that systematically sends the IP address of the pc and that of the router (livebox, freebox, ...), with date, time, etc., to an email address (his, that of a third person, or an internet service) seems simple (it's a little the principle of coockies).

I am also surprised that there is no site that offers this service (possibly paid).

Now it is true that to have the identity and the precise address of the one who would connect with a stolen pc is more delicate ...

this site is very interesting: http://monip.asrun.eu/

there is also : http://www.voirmonip.com/ ou http://www.mon-ip.com/ etc ...

Otherwise I found this answer that seems effective:
( http://fred-informatique.blogspot.com/2 ... -vole.html )

"As far as I'm concerned, I put 2 C4 rolls on the back of my PC, so if it is stolen from me, in the event of intrusion and error in the BIOS password, it will cause a crater 500 meters in diameter, allowing me to locate the PC directly by watching the 20pm newscast… More fun isn't it? " : Mrgreen:
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Napo dwarf
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Napo dwarf » 21/02/11, 08:59

isn't apple's "mobile me" service just right for this situation?

on the other hand for windobe ...: s

Edit: it was not a computer that I was stung but a phone, I did not take the time to configure the option "alert in case of change of sim card" which sends an SMS to 3 pre numbers configured
it was a Samsung 15 days: s
since I have a nokia crappy :)

so take 15 minutes to secure your devices it avoids a lot of worries :)

if not for the car I never clean it I leave wet tissues, dirt on the floor mats, parking tickets like the ground.
I could not close my car because of a recalcitrant lock, parking in the street for 3 months and I still have it and the car radio also :)
I never clean outside (finally once a year when I go on holiday with a secure parking then I dirty it voluntarily :)
0 x
Of all those who have nothing to say, the nicest are those who are silent
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 21/02/11, 13:16

Put your computer and your valuables in garbage bags !!

Not in nice special computer bags !!
and do not throw them in the trash !!

Then leave interesting and not very valuable objects, but easily reimbursed not insurances, easy to replace, in order to be mown by burglars, protects you from theft of other objects better hidden (example a classic silverware).

In general, do not look rich, but dirty, like a homeless person.
0 x
Napo dwarf
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Napo dwarf » 21/02/11, 22:42

not better

it is sad to say but what is marked on it is exact :(
0 x
Of all those who have nothing to say, the nicest are those who are silent
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 22/02/11, 00:28

0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 22/02/11, 16:33

Yeah, Napo: it was a professional van.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be