Follow-up conso electric water heater

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Follow-up conso electric water heater

by kumkat » 09/02/11, 12:01

Hello people,

A bit of publicity for our friend Christophe:
https://www.econologie.com/shop/prise-el ... p-238.html

Who has already connected this kind of toy to his water heater to have a real / direct view of the consumption?

Phil
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/02/11, 12:06

Well I think we are a lot to have done it ... me the first with the (regret) PM230 ...

What do you want to know?

Making comparisons on the ECS is a bit tricky.

DHW consumption depends on many things: habits (bath or shower), occupancy of the dwelling, number of people, initial water temperature, instructions ... etc etc ...

For example I had used the PM230 to estimate our actual kWh DHW consumption for this estimated calculation of our wood boiler stove: https://www.econologie.com/forums/rendement- ... t6977.html
0 x
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 09/02/11, 12:26

Following a certain recent debate on the effects of the calcareous fouling of our dear cumulus clouds, I intend to measure my consumption, before attempting to clean my cumulus via activated carbon / polyphosphates filters, we glass the incidence ...
In addition I would like to know the part of the cumulus in my electric consumption.
I'm just wondering if an entry-level product like this can support the load of a cumulus cloud even if the specs confirm it ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/02/11, 12:54

Yes it will allow you to see the% of the ECS. There is no reason that it does not support it ... must not exceed 16A obviously ...

Ah if your concern is about limestone, then we talked about it here, pretty big discussion: https://www.econologie.com/forums/resistance ... t8822.html

The influence of the fouling of a resistance is only very slight on the thermal balance of its heating (but not on its lifetime, see debate in the link above).

But I think that taking into account the other parameters and their variations (flow rate, water temperature, losses ...) you will not be able to correctly measure the effect of fouling or fouling by measuring the electricity consumption.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 09/02/11, 13:52

Christophe wrote:Well I think we are a lot to have done it ... me the first with the (regret) PM230 ...
My PM230 is in service on my SOLAR water heater.
I read the electricity consumption and thermal production in kWh every month. 8)

Unfortunately, I have not done an equivalent to find out the energy consumed by my boiler for relief when there is not enough sun. :|
As I did not keep the electric resistance for the extra ... :?
0 x