Fluo-compacts test on "Que Choisir"

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 02/02/11, 12:20

Gaston wrote:
bernardd wrote:From the 230V AC rectified, one must arrive not far from 180V, except error.
It is 230V effective, so 325V amplitude.
Once straightened and filtered, we are more than 320V :!:

I had put "unless I'm mistaken", I felt a pb ;-)

In fact, I forgot that the 230V is the effective voltage, not the max voltage: thank you for your correction.

On the other hand, since it is precisely the "effective voltage": The effective value of a voltage U is the value of the constant DC voltage which would have the same effects as U on a purely resistive dipole.

It is directly the DC voltage that we will have once straightened and filtered.

So for 60 LEDS: 230V / 60 = 3,83V maybe a bit high for LEDs? I do not know about the latest LED lighting ...

So I looked at an example: http://www.vina.co.kr/new_html/eng/prod ... 7&cate2=21

Between 3 and 4V: we are good :-)
0 x
See you soon !
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/02/11, 12:23

We continue the Hors Subject ... : Lol:
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 02/02/11, 12:31

Christophe wrote:We continue the Hors Subject ... : Lol:

I did not continue, I corrected : Cry:
0 x
See you soon !
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/02/11, 15:08

Ok.

I just made a few measurements of voltage led side on 2 230V AC bulb models.

Result and continuation here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/mesure-et- ... 10433.html
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 02/02/11, 17:47

Well, it's gone a little in all directions.

Like others, I was interested in LEDs and bought some:

1) A very unfortunate experience with a series of 10 bulbs (imitation, shaped, incandescent bulb) for the lighting of the driveway in front of the house / existing underground circuit so 220 V quasi-mandatory / low intensity welcome light / long duration of use (several hours per evening, even whole nights) ...

A typical situation where the LED is at its element (so I bazardé fluocompactes that were in the post).

Race results: after a little over a year, 9 bulbs on 10 HS; it is the transformer in the ballast that is roasted.

Conclusion: no more "chinoiseries" !!! And undoubtedly that it is better to use 12 V LEDs if you do not want to risk this problem which must be the Achilles heel of LED bulbs.

2) LED 12 V on an old transformer, on dimmer: it works without any problem for over a year (I pass quickly with
the dimmer to stop halfway once the LEDs are on; the rise of tension never seems to have been a problem)

3) LEDs how is it already SMT ??? I was stuck by the light power, the opening of the beam. Indeed, it starts to be serious. Equivalent, at ease, to a halogen spot 20 W. Bluffing. For only a few months
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 03/02/11, 08:27

: Arrow: I reassembled a ceiling fan with an "old" Megaman "gel" bulb (non-Ingénium model) in my daughter's room which is also lit by a luminaire with 3 230V LED "spots".
In terms of light output, LED spots are better. : Shock:
As in addition, the compact fluorescent has a lighting time ttrrrèèèèèès long, it became so painful that Madame suggested to throw the compact fluorescent bulb ... : Shock:

This finding comforts me in my desire to no longer buy compact fluorescents (as much as possible), but I still encounter difficulties in finding 230V LEDs that can be used in "flat" luminaires with globe or frosted lenses "and which are traditionally equipped with 'E14 bulbs mounted "flat" ... :?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/02/11, 09:46

Megaman Gel? Kézako? What power?

Otherwise, the loss of brightness over time is a criterion that is rarely taken into account when buying (except in tests like the above).

The ingenium is given to keep 80% of the initial brightness after 10 000h ...
0 x