Dangerous drugs: Roaccutane, a psycho depressant?

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Christophe

Dangerous drugs: Roaccutane, a psycho depressant?

by Christophe » 28/01/11, 09:59

After Mediator, here is the case of Roaccutane (and others will follow ...).

After the mediator, roacutane, widely used to treat moderate and heavy teenage acne, is making headlines.

Main side effect: severe psycho-depressant and apparently more or less persistent effect (!!!) ...see "research" below ...

After the Servier laboratory Mediator scandal, accused of causing the death of 500 people in France, another drug is now on the hot seat. Isotretinoin, a powerful molecule prescribed to treat severe acne, marketed under the name Roaccutane before being withdrawn from the market in 2008, but still sold in the form of generics, is suspected of being linked to around thirty suicides of adolescents.

The daily "La Provence" reveals, in its Thursday edition, that Me Collard has taken action against three laboratories marketing this molecule. The Marseille lawyer acts on behalf of Daniel Voidey, 42, father of a teenager from Nice who died while he had been undergoing heavy acne treatment for seven months.
The Isotretinoin package leaflet mentions 152 side effects, including the risk of depression and suicide. The French Agency for Health Safety of Health Products (Afssaps) estimates that 25 to 27 suicide cases of adolescents, between 1986 and 2009, are linked to the taking of this drug. Parents have created an association of Roaccutane and generics victims (AVRG).

Four million patients affected since 1986

Asked by "La Provence", Daniel Voidey deplores that "the only thing that was recommended to my son is not to be exposed to the sun". The teenager committed his terrible act two days after he stopped taking his medication. "He hanged himself from a tree 800 meters from the house," his father continues in the Marseille daily. At the start of the treatment, everything went well. But the last month, I felt it beaten down. Three days before ending his life, he had passed his baccalaureate. He looked better. The day before his suicide, he isolated himself and then killed himself. On her cell phone, this message: "Mom, I don't know what I've had for 3 weeks, but I'm fed up with it, I can't take it anymore, I still have pain somewhere, my joints, my back. , ingrown nails, my skin which itches all the time. It's small things, but accumulated, it's hard "".

Like Daniel Voidey, a Vauclusien has taken action to have the link between taking isotretinoin and the depressive, ocular and muscular disorders from which he suffers recognized. He initiated proceedings before the Avignon court against the Roche laboratory. Unsuccessful at first instance, he appealed. Me Gilbert Collard, for his part, assigned the Roche laboratories, but also Expanscience and Pierre Fabre who manufacture the generics. The case should be argued in mid-March before the TGI of Nanterre (Hauts-de-Seine).

Afssaps' vigilance towards isotretinoin, marketed under the name Roaccutane since 1984, has been exercised since 1995. But, according to "La Provence", the prevention program was only reinforced in 2009: implementation place of a notebook for patients, reminder of psychiatric disorders, letters to professionals ... A survey of a hundred dermatologists was launched in November 2010, but the Agency will only know the conclusions from here at the end of the year. A delay too long in the eyes of the AVRG, which advances the study of an American psychiatrist demonstrating that isotretinoin affects the functioning of the frontal cortex, zone where the emotions develop. Since 1986, four million patients have been prescribed Roaccutane, or one of the generics Curacne, Procuta, Contracné or Isotretinoin Teva.

LeParisien.fr

http://www.leparisien.fr/societe/medica ... 246976.php

Other article:

Acne treatment: the scary molecule

The father of a 17-year-old young man from Nice who hanged himself and a Vauclusien who took Roaccutane went to court.

Major virtue of isotretinoin: this powerful molecule overcomes the most serious acnes. Disadvantage: a list of 152 undesirable effects, including risks of depression and suicide, appear on the package leaflet of this drug marketed until 2008 under the name Roaccutane by the Roche laboratory and then in the form of generics.

(...)

http://www.laprovence.com/article/regio ... -fait-peur

Research level we have this (ie not much but better than nothing ...) : http://avrg.unblog.fr/teste-de-page-recherche/ (be careful, it's a little "translated gogol")

“We analyzed a group of 13 individuals who had been treated with isotretinoin, which is called Accutane in the United States, and we compared them with 15 individuals who had been treated with antibiotics. Brain function was analyzed before and after treatment with antibiotics or isotretinoin. There has been a 16% decrease in brain function in the frontal cortex, this is the brain region involved in feelings and morale, in patients treated with isotretinoin, but not in patients treated with antibiotics. ”

Site of the association of roaccutane and generic victims: http://avrg.unblog.fr/
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 28/01/11, 13:28

176 other drugs declared to be problematic !!

Thanks to I Frachon who took the risk of being thrown out of his profession !!!

And we could have continued like this for a few decades without realizing it, because the courageous people effective in denouncing scandals are extremely rare !! !!

When taking any medication, check if it is not prohibited elsewhere in the world, check its composition, and if any components are prohibited elsewhere !!

Inquire and weigh it for and against yourself risks, because some are really essential for serious problems.

Even very harmless like bicarbonate against stomach acid sometimes has a purple dye prohibited in the USA or Sweden because favoring hyperactive children !!!!!!!!!!
Observation on medication prescribed to my beautiful pregnant daughter !!

Finally, we would also do well to be aware of domestic accidents with 20000 deaths per year, 5 times automobile accidents, for improve our individual security by being more careful !!
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 28/01/11, 14:51

Then there's also the fact ... That acne ... In general it goes before bullshit ... The proof I have more ... despite that I am still too ... Juvenile : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

It's funny to freak out ...

Young people of this time prefer to swallow crap and play pacman with their DS rather than torture the buboes in front of the ice ...

How do you want them to recognize and accept each other ... We were racing for the one who would have the most degeu..And I have often lost .... Nice lesson in humility that to know that even in the worst you are not the best ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 28/01/11, 15:39

Another type of medicine that kills thousands with the approval of gynecologists in France, unchanged, see book touted on Health Mag of the A5, today January 28, 2011 at 15 pm, under the influence of lobbies to earn lots of money:

The hormonal treatment of menopause !!
How many thousands of dead

see statistical curves on:
The Decrease in Breast-Cancer Incidence
in 2003 in the United States

http://www.nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/NEJMsr070105
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post183770.html#183770
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post192255.html#192255
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post192234.html#192234

Amazing !!

How many thousands out of millions (10% more dead) taking hormone therapy so as not to grow in pear size instead of really exercise, all for enrich drug companies with the prescription of well-meaning gynecologists !!

My wife felt better by stopping her treatment years ago !!!
Et she can fall without breaking her bones thanks to the exercise much more effective against osteoporosis and much less dangerous !!

These curves could never have been published in France !!

Everything is locked, Irène Frachon is an exceptional exception in France !!
Buy her book !!
Last edited by dedeleco the 28 / 01 / 11, 20: 55, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/01/11, 18:34

0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 28/01/11, 21:28

The magnitude of the risk is not always given clearly, whereas it must be said and explained by the doctors !!

Extracts which show that the risk of a malformed fetus is dramatic 1 in 4 and therefore almost certain with 3/4 having some less visible consequences.
Do the doctors make young girls aware of this ??as the short text in htlm does not say it whereas it is essential to put first !!

These major malformations have been reported chez almost a quarter of fetuses in the event of exposure, they most often lead the women concerned to choose to terminate their pregnancy.

On the contrary for depressions it is less dramatic:
Only one recent study shows a significant increase in depressions in patients treated with oral isotretinoin. However, the methods used for this study make the
unreliable results.

But I hate this easy sentence to discredit the study, ideal for lobbies, even if the study is convincing, to send a walk, for details, what bothers them!
Especially since no explanation on the nature of the unreliability is provided, which I find unacceptable, even lying and delaying !!

This violent medication is to be avoided as much as possible !! especially for young girls and women.
0 x