Automatic exchanger flushing ÖkoFEN?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
yannou_breizh
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yannou_breizh » 16/01/11, 19:45

Hello,

Yes news since this week. I contacted my regional reseller AND Okofen France describing my failure and transmitting my set of parameters. As a result, they did not find the source of the problem. Their only hypothesis was a PLC failure (change = at least € 200 + labor). Out of warranty of course (for a few months near ..). It annoyed me a bit even if they are very available.

In the end, I tried a reset of the boiler parameters ... and it worked: on re-ignition, there was a rinsing .. Victory? In fact, the automatic rinsing is deactivated when I activate my P211 (capacitive silo sensor which activates the vibrator). I don't know why, but it's not normal. In the end, there is automatic rinsing but the vibrator is started as soon as there is a need for granules and not only when my silo is almost empty. I have to loop back with Okofen to clear this up. It is not new, I had problems with the vibrator from the first year (it did not start). At the time, I brought in my installer, the bp was resolved but probably at the expense of rinsing ...

In short, business to follow. I'll keep you posted.

By the way, I confirm to you that rinsing takes place in 3 cases:
- Boiler start-up
- Condenser blocked therefore overpressure in the boiler (P216)
- Every N hours of operation (P193)

What about your chimney sweep?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/01/11, 19:52

I'm waiting for my heating engineer!

I have a maintenance contract, so lazy to "tweak". This year, the intervention has not yet been done !!!

I forgot a little too ... Too confident in Okofen!

The motor responds to the P 203 command, but it "forces" then stops. I don't know why the circle which holds the springs butts too hard against the stop screw ... I don't know if there is an adjustment?
0 x
yannou_breizh
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yannou_breizh » 17/01/11, 17:37

I admit that I never touched the chimney sweep engine, I don't remember exactly how it was installed (I think there are one or two hoops ...). I do not think that it settles, there must be a cam with a notch which stretches the springs and releases them suddenly ... Anyway, if you have a maintenance contract, you are quiet.

Following your bp, I will take a careful look during my spring cleaning.

As I partially solved my problem, I thought about scouring my condenser of all the accumulated dirt and due to the absence of rinsing (black film on the surface of the condenser and which does not leave with the brush). Do you know if it is possible to make a chemical sweeping on this kind of boiler (powder of perlimpinpin to put on the embers and the smoke reacts with the tars and makes them fall)? I know it is done on wood stoves and fireplaces but on a formula 1 type okofen boiler, I have doubts. I asked my dealer the question.

See you soon,
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/01/11, 18:14

No info on this, how to rinse the condenser!

Yes, the motor turns a cam, which raises the hoop holding the springs and lets it fall; I do not know why at home, this cerceua gets stuck "too" against the stop screw which is at the rear, near the gas exhaust (and which seems to be "for").

Still a mystery to me at this point.

The heating engineer called, I hope to see him ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 18/01/11, 13:43

Finally, my problem with the cleaner was an adjustment error by my heating engineer: the kind of large collar with two screws on the rod which "shakes" the hoop moving the springs, it is an adjustment!

It was set too tight, so the engine blocked once the hoops arrived at the stop screw ...

No knowledge of cleaning products. My heating engineer took out all the "trubulators", cleaned everything (by "shaking" these turbulators), brushed ...

It is therefore not "white" as snow!

I learned, however, that Okofen now recommends a buffer on these models, bypassing the high input (hot - return from the DHW circuit normally) and the output.

So suddenly, via the UW port, it is much easier to stabilize the modulation and lengthen the cycles.

While having the cold return (heated floors) on the low inlet of the condenser.

By way of a buffer, an old electric preparer can do the trick ...

It's funny, the idea has been on my mind for a long time!
0 x
roy1361

by roy1361 » 18/01/11, 21:36

Did67 wrote:I learned, however, that Okofen now recommends a buffer on these models, bypassing the high input (hot - return from the DHW circuit normally) and the output.

What do you mean exactly by that?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/01/11, 12:28

Boilers condensing need a cold return. They are therefore mainly implemented with heated floors. Suddenly, when starting "day" mode, there is a large mass of water + the floors to be heated. There is a somewhat paradoxical operation of the regulation that I have described elsewhere (closing / opening oscillations of the V3V).

One of the solutions, which I had also thought of without implementing it, and which now seems to be an Okofen recommendation for condensing boilers, is to put a buffer:

- the heating continues to be tapped on the boiler (and not on the buffer), with regulation by V3V: hot start = start of the boiler; PC cold return = inlet at the bottom of the condenser; the preheated water in the condenser enters the boiler ...

- these boilers have a second inlet ("high"), for the hot return (in particular the water which will be used for the preparation of the DHW) - it returns to a temperature of 40 or 50 and would heat the condenser, which does not This hot return water mixes with the preheated water in the condenser and is reheated in the boiler body.

- therefore the principle is to put a tank on the hot flow (common) and on the hot return from the "top" (that of the DHW); the condenser continues to receive the only return cold water from the PCs, so it continues to condense and preheat the return cold water ...

- the advantage is that when the V3V is not open (not enough, or not enough yet), the hot water from the boiler goes into the buffer, the boiler continues "full"; when the cold water wave comes back from the PCs, the hot water from the buffer prevents the boiler from closing the V3V to protect the boiler ...

- in short, everything happens as if instead of having 90 l of hot water reserve, the boiler had 300 or 400 depending on the buffer (with the advantage of being able to control the charge pump and not operate it only if the boiler is in excess) ...
0 x
roy1361

by roy1361 » 19/01/11, 21:10

Yess, well seen the combination.

Thank you for the clarification...

A+
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."