NiCd charger compatibility question to NiMh?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 15/02/10, 18:26

well I "boned" a Chinese charger which was delivered with my screwdriver, (and which was never able to charge it) I did not notice anything except the rectifier and the transformer
note that there was no reference either on one or the other .. for 25 € ........
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/02/10, 18:35

Forhorse wrote:There was a not too badly done site dedicated to batteries which explained a lot of tips. Should I try to find it, maybe they explain the technological progress on this side.

Uh, wouldn't that be the one I put in my first answer? 8) : Cheesy:
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: NiCd to NiMh charger compatibility question?

by hic » 15/02/10, 18:53

Macro wrote:Here is failing to resign myself to throw and buy a complete screwdriver I looked for and find a supplier of adaptable batteries on the net.

The battery offered for my screwdriver is this one: aboutbatteries.com/index.php?Produit=226161&ap=1

My concern is that this battery is a NI-MH while those of origin of my machine were Ni Cd ... I wanted to know if my original charger would be compatible for this battery or if I have to buy another ... (in this case it would be better to re-buy a complete screwdriver but I don't like to throw especially since it didn't work this machine much).

Thank you for your informed opinions ...

Hi macro

Have you tried to reactivate your old battery?
You send him 12v for a very short, short time!

Otherwise you need a NI-MH charger

exists for rechargeable batteries size r3 r6
smart charger
with recognition of the type of battery
and automatic end of charge detection (electronic),
test, reactivation,
goodbye Hic
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 16/02/10, 08:44

The original charger is a fast charger (2 hours) compatible from 6 to 14 v.

In the battery there is a CTN share temperature detection which is transmitted to the charger. When the battery is charged it stops the charge

For the old batteries they gradually lost their power (one of the two had always had less fishing than the other)

A craftsman came to my job with a more recent screwdriver (bosch pro range) equipped with NI MH battery, the charger has the same reference as mine ... I cross my fingers ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 18/01/11, 15:02

Small up .. To say that the battery is still doing well despite frequent use and prolonged oversights on the charger ..
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: NiCd to NiMh charger compatibility question?

by hic » 18/01/11, 15:14

Macro wrote:Here is failing to resign myself to throw and buy a complete screwdriver I looked for and find a supplier of adaptable batteries on the net.

The battery offered for my screwdriver is this one: aboutbatteries.com/index.php?Produit=226161&ap=1

My concern is that this battery is a NI-MH while those of origin of my machine were Ni Cd ... I wanted to know if my original charger would be compatible for this battery or if I have to buy another ... (in this case it would be better to re-buy a complete screwdriver but I don't like to throw especially since it didn't work this machine much).

Thank you for your informed opinions ...

Hi macro

Your battery has punctured because you left it punctured! !
All batteries need what they need! ! ! !

For the screwing there is a system which screws while pushing,
so faster,
finishing, the last round, is done on the wrist

HiC GOODS
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 18/01/11, 15:30

No problem ... I did not let my batteries die ... I bought this machine in 2003 at the same time as my house. And from 2003 to 2009 I was in constant work and my screwdriver is still there first machine to arrive on site After putting the line and the level ... I just had bad luck. These two batteries (especially one) had a very poor performance from the start and they very quickly dropped in power and autonomy (still happy that I had 2).

When I received my Nimh battery I immediately saw the difference in power and autonomy of the machine. With this machine I sometimes break cruciform screwdriver bits by screwing in oak ... With the other batteries it never happened to me ...
0 x